Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Where's Baloo?

Author Topic: Where's Baloo?
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our resident grizzly bear has somehow dissappeared from existance. Anyone know where he is hibernating and when he will return? And will he require one of us for breakfast?

------------------
"My Name is Elmer Fudd, Millionaire. I own a Mansion and a Yacht."
Psychiatrist: "Again."

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, he pops up on ICQ from time to time, in invisible mode. And he sends emails every so often. I think that if one were to go to the Straight Dope message board, we'd find him there.

------------------
"Fragile. Do not drop"
--posted on a Boeing 757

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just looked. He hasn't started a thread in the lounge in 30 days. I know he's posted at Straight Dope since then.

------------------
Fool of a Took, throw yourself in next time!!
Gandalf

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How do you scare off a grizzly bear!?!

------------------
"Neil says hi by the way" - Tear In Your Hand, Tori Amos

[This message has been edited by AndrewR (edited August 08, 2000).]

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You don't. You scare off a mouse.

I've been going through some serious difficulty of late and haven't been coming here very often. I shall return when I can, but I just haven't felt very trekish of late.

I have been hanging out in the MPSIMS section of the SDMB of late. It's theraputic and gets my mind off my troubles for a little while. Besides, there's wimmen my age that hangs out there.

No offense, but I'm just not attracted to any of youse guys. No personal offense intended. Unless you're a troll. Then any offense is purely intentional.

To paraphrase MacArthur: "I'll be back after I've fought the war from somewhere else for a while."

~~Baloo

------------------
Beer lovers take note:
Stroh's spelled backwards is "shorts."

http://www.geocities.com/cyrano_jones.geo/

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Baloo, my understanding of the things you've gone through/are going through are sketchy at best, but I want to wish you the best of luck. You are always welcome here to dispense your homespun advice, recipes, wacky relative stories, and occasional disapproval of what those darned whippersnappers are getting into.

------------------
"If Picard was set loose on a Monopoly board, he'd try and establish peaceable diplomatic relations with Marvin Gardens and give St. James Place wide berth so that its culture could develop without interference."
--
L. Fitzgerald Sjoberg
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Because I'm the passenger, and I ride and I ride.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This place is about Trek? Good grief! When did this happen?! :-)

------------------
"Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra, and then, suddenly, it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come."
-Matt Groening

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're NOT attracted to me anymore? *BAWL*

*runs away crying*

*okay, I'm feeling very psycho right now. Go ahead, make my day*

------------------
"My Name is Elmer Fudd, Millionaire. I own a Mansion and a Yacht."
Psychiatrist: "Again."

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps