Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » What the hell is this supposed to be?

Author Topic: What the hell is this supposed to be?
Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In my school newspaper, the Daily Trojan, there was this ad for Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, with stuff about a special edition cover for pre-orders and a website at RadioZelda.com. So I went there, and NOWHERE was the game Zelda referred to except the Majora's Mask in the background and the date October 26, which is the game's release date. All it has is some stuff about a parallel universe and some convoluted article about the end of the world. What the hell???

------------------
"Poetic souls delight in prose insane."
--Lord Byron

[This message has been edited by Tora Ziyal (edited September 08, 2000).]

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, that is quite disturbing. It's either:

A) Gene Rays' more professional, articulate brother...

B) An actual joke meant to look like a Gene Ray site...

or

C) A Fanboy site seemingly unrelated to the game, yet still is, as evidenced by the background picture...

I think C. But it is quite disturbing. Parallel worlds? No more Jerry O'Connell for this guy.

------------------
"What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad."
- Dave Barry

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...or maybe not.

Upon futher review, I think they're bonkos. Well, serious at the very least. They have links to Here , which seems pretty serious.

However they do have this:

Do these guys look serious?

And this: http://www.radiozelda.com/read_0901.html

I'm so dumbfounded.

------------------
"What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad."
- Dave Barry

[This message has been edited by Ultra Magnus (edited September 08, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Ultra Magnus (edited September 08, 2000).]

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's a new Zelda coming out on the Dolphin (Nintendo) system I believe. That it?

------------------
Where's the bathroom on this ship?

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope... New Zelda for N64, I believe

------------------
Intelligence, Integrity, Responsibility.
Vote Bush/Cheney 2000

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man, I hope that they straighten out the plot line this time...

------------------
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
- George Bernard Shaw

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a Zelda game planned for the Nintendo GameCube (AKA Dolphin)

------------------
Me: "Why don't you live in Hong Kong?"
Rachel Roberts: "Hong Kong? Nah. Oh, but we can live in China! Yeah, China has great Chinese food!"

(discussion with fellow classmate, 9/5/00)

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm hoping the first game is a Metroid game for that system, personally...

------------------
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
- George Bernard Shaw

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a Metroid game in the works too for GameCube

------------------
Rachel Roberts: "Hong Kong? Nah. Oh, but we can live in China! Yeah, China has great Chinese food!"

Xentrick
good to go
Member # 64

- posted      Profile for Xentrick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Joint Research of Alternate Mondial Occurences..."

I think the key word in that sentence in 'joint.'

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

I just heard a radio ad today on my way to school for radiozelda.com, so this HAS to be legit. This definatly reminds me of Datadyne.com, which was actually registered by Nintendo. Datadyne was the evil company in Perfect Dark. The website was supposed to reflect the people who would be in the company. It looks authentic and everything.

Also notice Nintendo of America is listed as a sponser on both sites.

UPDATE:
Z-Science.com and RadioZelda.com are both registered to Nintendo of America.

------------------

[This message has been edited by The359 (edited September 11, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by The359 (edited September 11, 2000).]

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps