my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » ICQ and stuff

Author Topic: ICQ and stuff
Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For those of you that for some reason either never get mass messages or completely ignore them, I'm shutting down UIN 16026589 ("Charles (PENTIUM)") on MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 18. If you want to stay on my contact list, drop me a line on ICQ and I'll give you the new old UIN. Going back to seven digits.

Yes, there is a reason I'm abandoning the UIN I've had for over a year and a half. I've FINALLY purchased a new computer, and am getting rid of the older of my two, which is the one that the UIN resides on. Yes, it's possible to splice over the files, and I'm doing that for another UIN, but very frankly I think it's time to start new again. I have well over 300 people on this list, the sheer majority I've talked to only once or talk to VERY infrequently. Amazingly a few I've never talked to at all. Makes me wonder how they got on my list in the first place.

I'm going back to a UIN I originally registered way back in 1997 when I got into ICQ. Seven digits, starting with 339... You don't see those around much nowadays!

Anyway, the UPS tracker said that the four boxes arrived in San Jose at an unbelievable hour this morning, so the system should be here today... Off to cleaning my room.

------------------
"I know you believe you understand what you think this fortune says, but I'm not sure you realize that what you are reading is not what it means."

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"339"? Damn you! My seven-digit UIN starts w/ "342"... *L*

------------------
"It's like the Star of David or something. But without the whole Judaism thing."
-Frank Gerratana, 17-Aug-2000

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
:P

Mine is seven digits and starts with "308...."

------------------
694 consecutive rejections by women since January 1993.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know a guy whose number is six digits and starts w/ "117".

Waitaminute... This is a new one... I've never heard of having a "mine's smaller" contest...

------------------
"It's like the Star of David or something. But without the whole Judaism thing."
-Frank Gerratana, 17-Aug-2000

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine's a 7 digit starting with '253'... *grin* So, rightfully, mine's smaller than yours ;-)

------------------
No, you CAN'T see my picture!

Coddman
()PAK CHOOIE UNF()
Member # 10

- posted      Profile for Coddman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nya! My first ICQ UIN was 2481988. It is now inactive. Perhaps I should start using it again.....
Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, that you definitely elevate you to god status in my eyes, Cod.

------------------
"More beer, more beer, more beer, more beer! ARSE!"
- Ode to God.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps