Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Borg Tree

Author Topic: Borg Tree
Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went to a ritual at my pagan group's faculty advisor's house yesterday. Other members were telling me about how she (the professor) lives next to the Borg tree and a guy who sings Klingon opera. Okay, so I thought maybe there's some strange formation on the tree or something. But no. It was a topiary-tree shaped like a giant cube. The leaves were thick like a topiary, but the topiary cube was held up by a tree trunk somewhat taller than a person. The cube was so big that it occupied nearly the entire front lawn and rose above the one-story house. My friends said it was some Buddhist thing, but it just looked AWESOME. They said the last time they went to the professor's house, the guy who owns the Borg tree was singing Klingon opera at midnight, though it's probably just something that sounds like Klingon opera.

------------------
"Poetic souls delight in prose insane."
--Lord Byron

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Didn't know you ere into the pagan thing, Ziyal.

Then again the Olympics snuck up on me as well.

PHOTOS - it's evidence we want. And lots of it. Kilometres of it, in fact.

------------------
Remember December '59
The howling wind and the driving rain,
Remember the gallant men who drowned
On the lifeboat, Mona was her name.

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are entire groups that meet and pretend to be Klingons, so one guy singing Opera isn't to far fetched.

------------------
Sailing the Slipstream

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps