Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Can Curry Be Addictive? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Can Curry Be Addictive?
LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*took one bite and will never bite again* I hate to say it, but the stuff SCARES me.... it's not just that I don't like it... but I'm FRIGHTENED by it.... this is not good... I love food... so for a food to frighten me... well, that says something....... :-P

~LOA

------------------
"The purple elephants have conquered my pants! Weasels to the rescue!!!" ~TSN, Oct. 23, 2000

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a really funny joke in my head when I hit "reply", but it's gone now. Ho hum.

------------------
"If every vampire who said he was at the Crucifixion was actually there it would've been like Woodstock. I was at Woodstock. I fed off a flower person and I spent six hours watching my hand move." - Spike, BtVS

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pickle curry?

------------------
"Yeah...apparently Sizer is very hard to say, so they replace it with 'Is Mr. Caeser home?'
Sometimes I'll say that no, he has, in fact, passed away.
'My apologies.'
'Oh, that's ok, I'm over it. Brutus is still a wreck though.'
Then I hang up."
-Simon Sizer on telemarketers, 1-Nov-2000

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's odd. My grandma used to make curry every other night when I was in grade school. Like everything else, I got sick of it after two or three weeks and didn't touch the stuff for a long time. Could Chinese curry be made of different stuff? I don't really think so.

------------------
"The distinction between past, present, and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion."
--Albert Eistein

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just to clear it up for the un-initiated. Curry is not a single dish. As a matter of fact, there is no such dish as 'curry'. Its just a massive generalisation regarding south asian cuisine, which was so knowingly propogated by the British. The regional food types vary from area to area massively as there is a huge racial and cultural intermix, as you would expect with a region that has a population somewhere in the 1.4 billion range. There are literally thousands of different dishes that have been so eloquently dumped under the title of 'curry'. Loa, whatever you had, was probably some very bad imitation.

------------------
Re: Russia in WWII

"Hey, we butchered Poles! Thats OK."
- DT.

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe I should start marketing my Curry Creme Egg again.

------------------
Intelligence, Integrity, Responsibility.
Vote Bush/Cheney 2000

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm conductingh experiments into mango chutney ice cream.

------------------
"I do prefer the arse, but you can't dismiss the leg. They're joined at the hip, so to speak."

- Liam Kavanagh

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well it's not impossible, since mango technically is a fruit. Maybe you could modify the "chutney"-bit...

We have a berry in Sweden we call "Hjortron" which look exactly like raspberries only they're amber/golden-coloured and contain much more sugah. Great for marmalade or boiling and applying on ice-cream (Aww, now I'm all hungry).
Mostly grow in the north, mostly.

I primarily think curry as a red-brown meat-stew with shredded beef or chicken, but I'm ready to try other styles...

------------------
So, how's that Survivor-contest coming along, Newt?
-Well not very well at the MOMENT, everyone seems to have died.
-Gee, that's bad. Those Aliens bugging you yet?
-Not really, they mostly come at night mostly...

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've tried Curry several times... in several different types of dishes...... it's not just bad preperation.... I just really dislike and am afraid of it.... sorry!

~LOA

------------------
"The purple elephants have conquered my pants! Weasels to the rescue!!!" ~TSN, Oct. 23, 2000

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bad preparation? OOkay. Yeah, right.

------------------

- DT.

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I primarily think curry as a red-brown meat-stew with shredded beef or chicken"

I usually think of curry as yellowish...

------------------
"The distinction between past, present, and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion."
--Albert Eistein

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well there you go!
You're right, many are yellowish too.

------------------
So, how's that Survivor-contest coming along, Newt?
-Well not very well at the MOMENT, everyone seems to have died.
-Gee, that's bad. Those Aliens bugging you yet?
-Not really, they mostly come at night mostly...

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All hail the different forms of Curry for lo it is wise in all it's manifestations.

------------------
Oh, yes, sitting. The great leveler. From the mightiest Pharaoh to the lowliest peasant, who doesn't enjoy a good sit?
~C. Montgomery Burns

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bearing as I do the rank of Swami Guru in Daryus' Curry Order, I am shocked that such a thing as 'bad curry preparation' exists. You just need to find a good local takeaway, and cultivate a relationship (I get Crimbo cards from mine - all hail Holloway Indian Takeaway!). Alternately find a good cookbook and experiment - Madhur Jaffrey is fairly international...

------------------
"I do prefer the arse, but you can't dismiss the leg. They're joined at the hip, so to speak."

- Liam Kavanagh

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

You must mean some kind of Chinese curry.

*shrug*

------------------

- DT.

[This message has been edited by Daryus Aden (edited November 09, 2000).]

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps