Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Being for the benefit of Mr. Sol (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Being for the benefit of Mr. Sol
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The pun was unintended. I always forget about the secondary meaning of that particular word... *L*

------------------
"What he did to that walrus gentle-man was inexcusable."
-T. Herman Zweibel on "Mr. Woodrow Wood-pecker", The Onion, 7-Nov-2000

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mind you, I happen to actually live within driving distance of her.

------------------
love's function is to fabricate unknownnness
--
E. E. Cummings
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! And party everyday.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tsk, I'd should have known you'd focus on the "enormous shaft" bit. There is so much more to Simon that that. Which is why he needs, and deserves, his very own forum for pontificating in.

------------------
"If every vampire who said he was at the Crucifixion was actually there it would've been like Woodstock. I was at Woodstock. I fed off a flower person and I spent six hours watching my hand move." - Spike, BtVS

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sol: I'm fairly certain that half the length of the state of Washington is not really considered "driving distance". Not a particularly conveient driving distance, anyway. Then again, under such circumstances, convenience may not even be an issue. :-)

------------------
"What he did to that walrus gentle-man was inexcusable."
-T. Herman Zweibel on "Mr. Woodrow Wood-pecker", The Onion, 7-Nov-2000

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boston is driving distance from Baltimore. Mind you, it took 12 hours (counting two 1 1/2 hour naps in NJ and NY), but I drove there!

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

Continuing to boldly go ...

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
12 hours!? Shit, it only took me 30 hours in a bus to get from Boston to St. Louis in August!

------------------
Remember December '59
The howling wind and the driving rain,
Remember the gallant men who drowned
On the lifeboat, Mona was her name.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I only actually drove for 9 hours (I took a total of 3-hours worth of naps), and I got lost in CT for about an hour, so really about 8 ... oh, and DAMN do I hate the fucking Tapanzee (sp?)!

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You hate the Tappan Zee becasue you SUCK, boy! Try the George next time--a fiver says your ass end up in Spanish Harlem.

9 hours...that's SAD. Bet I could do it in 7 or 8. and how do you get LOST in Connecticut?!? Enter the state here in Danbury on 84. Follow it until it leaves the state up in Union & enters Massachusetts. Where's difficulty?

Sounds like operator error t'ME...

------------------
"Omigod. Singing meat. This is altogether too much."

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Went the wrong way on 84 ...

I'll best it next time.

I've leaving Towson at 9:30ish am on Tuesday, driving north into Pennsylvania towards Scranton, then turning onto 84 through NY into Connecticut for Thanksgiving.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's an easier way that takes less time, y'know...

When I went to Otakon, we did:

84 to 684
684 to 287 over the Tappan Zee to 87
87 to the Garden State Parkway
GSP to Jersey Turnpike
NJT (which is basically 95) over the Delaware Memorial Bridge & bolted right into MD, whence we took the Loop around & ran 80 straight into the city.

It seems like a lot of tolls, but it's not. Tappan Zee only hits you like $3 northbound, Jersey Turnpike only hits you once, & the GSP is 35 cents ever like 8 miles or something. Plus Jersey doesn rest stops like nobody's fuckin' business, man.

------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, I feel I should point out that you're saying driving distances to each other in the prescence of Simon "gift to the female gender" Sizer. Stop it, or he'll have your eye out. And he doesn't even have to get out of his chair to do that.

------------------
"If every vampire who said he was at the Crucifixion was actually there it would've been like Woodstock. I was at Woodstock. I fed off a flower person and I spent six hours watching my hand move." - Spike, BtVS

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

I think you mean 83 into Balt, Shik (I'm such a nitpicker)

If anyone here has been in that area, where 83 intersects 695 (just north of Baltimore), you've been about 1/2 mile from where I live and go to school ... so, well ... pointless info, but now you know.

And knowing is half the battle

Besides, I'd rather just run 83 north to 81, stop in Scranton to say "hi" to my aunt & grandma, then jump 84 east ...

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

[This message has been edited by JeffKardde (edited November 16, 2000).]

Shik
Member # 343

Damn..I knew it was either 80 or 83. I chose....POORLY.

And SINCE you're headed to Scranton, stop by & get me info on....never mind. That's too stalker.

------------------

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Consider however, that Sol's driving distance is to the CD shop and then straight back.

------------------
Oh, yes, sitting. The great leveler. From the mightiest Pharaoh to the lowliest peasant, who doesn't enjoy a good sit?
~C. Montgomery Burns

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am wearing a leather jacket. Why? Because I can. Also because it is cold.

But my point is that I am supa-dope fly. And that three, four hour drives are almost commonplace in Eastern Washington.

I have new glasses, too. Or rather, have had new glasses for a few months now. No one seems to notice.

------------------
What did it mean to you
An early chat with death
To pull your body for a moment from your soul
--
Camper Van Beethoven
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Gonna donate half my money to the city.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps