Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Someone's gonna pay for this...

Author Topic: Someone's gonna pay for this...
LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, I got stuck behine this and was late to work. The manager said it was the best excuse for being late that he'd ever heard

Look ma! There's a house in the road!

It's still sitting there, BTW... on the side of the road... funny, but sad

~LOA

------------------
"The purple elephants have conquered my pants! Weasels to the rescue!!!" ~TSN, Oct. 23, 2000

MsChris
Member # 445

- posted      Profile for MsChris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OH MY! LOL

But, ya know...I don't think you could pay me to take that home. I've moved mobile homes before and what a nightmare! No thank you. Good Luck to the new owners!

DEAvendetta
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good God!

Why do they even move houses? You'd think it would be cheaper to build a new one and have your walls uncracked.

------------------
DEAverification :P

IP: Logged
Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, out here where an undeveloped acre goes for something over $500k and where it would be MUCH less expensive to just expand the house than to build a new one, it's quite pracitcal...

------------------
"Uh, Cody, what has the Mullah of Cappistan been smoking?"
"MILKSHAKES. I HAVE BEEN SMOKING MILKSHAKES!"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
500k? Where do you live?

I own about 30 acres on the Maryland Eastern Shore, and if I could get $5 for 'em I'd be happy!!!!

------------------
Can anyone say premature ejac ... er, election?

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, Jeff, I'll offer you $5.00 for the land, on a ten year land contract of course......

------------------
I am going to buy Japanese cars from now on, because the auto workers got the day off to vote and the state went to Gore, so I want to see how many we can get unemployed.
From The Port Huron Times-Herald talk back section.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What? You pay me $5.00 over ten years?

Okay, provided I get a 1000000000000% interest rate ...

------------------
Can anyone say premature ejac ... er, election?

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mmmmmmmm, ok, lump sum then.....

------------------
I am going to buy Japanese cars from now on, because the auto workers got the day off to vote and the state went to Gore, so I want to see how many we can get unemployed.
From The Port Huron Times-Herald talk back section.

Xentrick
good to go
Member # 64

- posted      Profile for Xentrick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
anyone think to look under the house, see if there's a dead witch down there?

(quoted incorrectly from Steven Wright: "I bought a house on the median strip on the freeway. The only drawback is I have to pull into my driveway at 60 miles an hour.")

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
JK: Moron Hell, CA. South of the Silicon Valley. Average house price is $500k. Ours could easily go for $750-$800k, just because it's a decent house on a decently landscaped acre, with million dollar houses on *SMALLER* lots of land the next street.

------------------
"Uh, Cody, what has the Mullah of Cappistan been smoking?"
"MILKSHAKES. I HAVE BEEN SMOKING MILKSHAKES!"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And sheep.

------------------
"What he did to that walrus gentle-man was inexcusable."
-T. Herman Zweibel on "Mr. Woodrow Wood-pecker", The Onion, 7-Nov-2000

DEAvendetta
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well a few years ago they moved a Dr. office building about from about 3/4 a mile away to an area right below where I live. they said it was a 50k building, and the move cost less than 20k. So for short distances it may very well be worth it. I heard though two story houses come out with cracked walls and internal damage though.

------------------
DEAverification :P

IP: Logged
LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This one sure did! *L*

------------------
"The purple elephants have conquered my pants! Weasels to the rescue!!!" ~TSN, Oct. 23, 2000

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I own about 30 acres on the Maryland Eastern Shore, and if I could get $5 for 'em I'd be happy!!!!

Hey JeffKardde, you live on the Eastern Shore? I live about one hour away from Annapolis, my old stomping ground! Surely you've been there.

------------------
Homer: "I'm not normally a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me, Superman!"

[This message has been edited by Dukhat (edited November 14, 2000).]

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps