Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » First Car (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: First Car
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow. Some of you have really small penises.

Er, except for possible LOA.

------------------
"I am in one of those rare periods of life where I am convinced I am a sexy devil."- Simon "Sol System" Sizer

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*laughs*

Gotta love my new car...

Of course, if you want to enjoy the weather, well, that's why God invented convertibles...

------------------
Me: "Why don't you live in Hong Kong?"
Rachel Roberts: "Hong Kong? Nah. Oh, but we can live in China! Yeah, China has great Chinese food!"

(discussion with fellow classmate, 9/5/00)

Mustang Class Starship Development Project

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a 1993 Plymouth Voyager. All the space in the back comes in handy sometimes.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"I remember my mum telling me 'don't wear that jacket, it doesn't go with your top.' And I said 'Screw you mum, I'll wear what I'll like'. And then I went and changed tops." - Liam Ka--thingy

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll say. Accordians do look pretty big.

------------------
"Karate is a form of martial arts in which people who have had years and years of training can, using only their hands and feet, make some of the worst movies in the history of the world." - Dave Barry

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, then again, so does Frank...

*runs away*

:-)

------------------
"What he did to that walrus gentle-man was inexcusable."
-T. Herman Zweibel on "Mr. Woodrow Wood-pecker", The Onion, 7-Nov-2000

Coddman
()PAK CHOOIE UNF()
Member # 10

- posted      Profile for Coddman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't own this car yet, but as soon as I get a job, it's Mine!

Our M-Body 1981 Dodge Diplomat S-Type Coupe

Cost: $600CAD / $416USD
Powerplant: 5.2L/318 2bbl V8
Transmission: 3 spd Auto
Cool stuff: Power brakes, steering, windows. Am/Fm/Cass

This car RULES. Most people will say 80's Chrysler cars are unreliable, but Chrysler definately got it right with the Diplomat/Caravelle/Gran Fury/Fifth Avenue (all basically the same car)..

[This message has been edited by Coddman (edited November 22, 2000).]

Sidewinder
Member # 50

- posted      Profile for Sidewinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My car: 1991 Ford Probe LX. Just turned 122003 today! 3.0L V6, but the cool thing is the ground effects. White car and white effects. It is a testarossa body kit. Other probes look like Miranda's compared to this Sovereign! (In my opinion)
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*laughs at UM and TSN*

And it's not often I do that, so be grateful.

Still, you think that Frank's accordian looks big, you should see Simon's trumpet.

------------------
"I am in one of those rare periods of life where I am convinced I am a sexy devil."- Simon "Sol System" Sizer

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have two trumpets, actually. I salvaged them from my father's uncle's old house. I cannot play the trumpet.

Oh, right, sexual metaphor. Uh...I do play the sax. Get it? Get it?

------------------
What did it mean to you
An early chat with death
To pull your body for a moment from your soul
--
Camper Van Beethoven
Read chapter TWO of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Now with 30% more plot.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Yes, I get it it. Mainly because I also play the sax. Ah, the hilarity of every person who sees me with it saying "do you give good sax?" Because, you see, sax sounds like sex! Yes! The hilarity! Never mind that no-one ever says "do you give good sex" anyway.

Cretins. Hope they all die.

------------------

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My first car, which I still own is a:

1991 Nissan NX-2000. Black with T-tops.

I've had it for about a year with no major problems, replaced the 2 front tires last summer, and both headlight bulbs. The engine and transmission work fine. Might need new brake pads, they make a scraping sound most of the time when I brake.

I plan to start fixing it up now that I have a full-time job. Get a CD player, some repair body work as well as some customized body work, tint the windows, smoked headlight covers, rims....

My goal is that by the time I finish to have it look and run like new.

I was hoping to just get myself a new car, a 2000 Toyota Celica. I was able to afford it, but not the damn insurance cause of other 18-year old drivers who've gotten in accidents or tickets. About $200 a month, dispite my clean driving record. On top of a $350 monthly car payment I wouldn't of had any extra money to save or spend.

------------------
Calvin: "Isn't that weird?? If computers can think, what will people be better at than machines?"
Hobbes: "Irrational behavior."
This post is sponsored in part by the Federation Starship Datalink

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hobbes,

Get those brakes looked at ASAP. That sound could mean you're losing your pads, and if they wear down too much, you'll damage the rotor -- and they cost way too much to fix -- it ran me almost $450 to replace my rotor when I wore through it. Ugh.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Rated 7 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps