Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » The Jack Ryan Books by Tom Clancy $$$ (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Jack Ryan Books by Tom Clancy $$$
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, I accidently missed The Cardinal of the Kremlin earlier in the series. I'll read it after R6 and TBatD.

As for parking it next to the White House, I don't think that'd work. You couldn't get close enough. Penn. Ave. is closed to the public. The only reason McVeigh did the damage he did was that the bomb was RIGHT NEXT to the building. Even then, he only did real structural damage because he took out the support of the lower floors, thus colapsing the upper ones.

So again, WTF were they planning to do? Blow up the capitol building, maybe?

------------------
"You know, you--you let a wolf save your life, they make you pay and pay and pay..."
- Fraser, "due South"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not like they'd have much to do ...

But the force of the blast, say if they mixed in some nails -- would that be enough to maybe pentrate the White House? It'd be a gamble if Ryan would be in the part of the WH they'd hit, but ...

Er, you mean you don't know who the VP is b/c you didn't read CARDINAL? Naw, don't worry -- its a clue from other books the guy has been in (and I think he's been in all of them except HUNT and REMORSE - oh, and RAINBOW SIX...) -- oh, right, the Dr. Gregory Question ... n/m

You might want to read CARDINAL before "TB&TD" ... Golovko is introduced in CARDINAL (I'm pretty sure). Actually, so is Clark ... still, its a rather forgettable book, IMHO.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Rated 7 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux

[This message has been edited by JeffKardde (edited November 22, 2000).]

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, don't tell me it's Robby Jackson...

Though it would make sense...

Except for the fact that he was in Hunt for Red October. He was the fighter pilot who's gunner got hospitalized when the Russian fleet got cranky while looking for the October.

------------------
"You know, you--you let a wolf save your life, they make you pay and pay and pay..."
- Fraser, "due South"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He was? Damn, I totally forgot all about that.

Yep, you guessed it. Actually, his dad plays a major role in moving the story forward.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Does it make sense to anyone that "TB&TD" takes place a YEAR after "EO"?

I mean, this means that not only did Rainbow Six go through all that stuff to get 'em set up, but Ryan also ran for re-election ... (well, I think Durling did tell him that he would only be VP for a few months) ...

But still. IMHO, "TB&TH" should've been set at least 2 or 3 years *after* "R6" ...

And why am I getting a very bad feeling about the fate of Agent Andrea Price-O'Day?

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dunno, I have always like Dirk Pitt better....

------------------
**...****...**

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pitt rocks...although Cussler is beginning to repeat plots & make no mention of previous novels. I mean, he's had what, 5 books about pre-Columbian contact in some fashion...& none of them have mentioned the previous ones?

------------------
"Omigod. Singing meat. This is altogether too much."

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Now the Chinese are compared to the Klingons?

Sheeeesh, Jack, calm down a bit, will ya'? Besides, the Klingons are the good guys now.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In 400+ years the Chinese might be too..... pending your point of view....

------------------
**...****...**

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Clancy made a boo-boo in "TB&TD"!!!

Granted, its not a big one ... but ...

Clancy calls the DC Beltway 695. Incorrect! 695 is the Baltimore Beltway! He should've say that 495 is the DC Beltway ...

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps