Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Random Acts of Narcolepsy

Author Topic: Random Acts of Narcolepsy
Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, so I've had an exhausting holiday season to this point. Good to be sure, but I've decided that sofuckintired IS a single word.

So I'm back at work trying to keep my head from falling on the keys...and I was just wondering how everyone else's holiday season is going.

------------------
Oh, yes, sitting. The great leveler. From the mightiest Pharaoh to the lowliest peasant, who doesn't enjoy a good sit?
~C. Montgomery Burns

[This message has been edited by Sol System (edited December 27, 2000).]

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well. My Jeep's got a bent axle, so it's going in next week to get it looked at. I might have to replace the dammed axle, which I'm sure would cost quite a pretty penny. Guess I'm going to have to look in my couch and start rolling some change ...

My favorite present was a "metallic" pink coffee mug. Well, its not like the present itself is such a great thing, but rather I'm madly in love with the person who gave it to me. Anyway, it's my favorite present, right before the "Dayton U" sweatshirt my sis gave me.

All in all, things are okay, I 'spose. I took three days off from work this week -- just to give myself a mini-vacation, you understand -- and I'll be doing the same next week, 'cuz I'm going to need to recover from my hangover AND get my car into the shop (joy). But, anyway, most of my friends are out of town or wherever, so I've been enjoying a (bit) of solitude -- even got some cleaning done. I found the BACK of my refrigerator! I don't think it's been cleaned out since I moved in (ick).

So, anyway, go back to the gym tommorow, date tommorow night, then back to work Thursday morning ... ahhh, life.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 6.83 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux
"If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier ... just as long as I'm the dictator." - George "Dubya" Bush, Dec 18, 2000

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WELL.....

I worked every triple-damned day from 6 December to 24 December; Monday was my day off, & since I don't celebrate Christmas, it was a very nice day off: no in-fighting, politicking, or bitching.

As far as the REASON why I was working....well, the bad news is I don't have enough cash to move. The good news is that I DO have about $1770 that I DIDN'T have before to apply towards it. If I can convince them to let me stay on a bit longer, I might have it made.

Posted out a package of goodies to The One I Adore today...worked a pretty non-hectic day, the first since 23 November or so. After working on the 27th, I plan to spend the rest of the week transcribing what little I've managed to scrawl in my book for the site, as well as do a major redesign & get back in touch with the universe before the rebirth festivities on 31 December.

All in all, we're dodging chaos like a bad-ass muthafucka. Remember, folks: Saturn is in Aquarius until February, so we still have a lot of its fucking-up influence left t'deal with.

------------------
"Omigod. Singing meat. This is altogether too much."

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My post Christmas is going pretty good. My burner is finally working correctly, I got an electronic organizer, some cdrs and cdrws, and some sexy sweaters for christmas. On the other hand, my younger brother is getting more violent, and my dad is suffering from depression, and I really don't know how to help him.

------------------
Greg: You bought me a urinal cookie?
Mike: Not just any ordinary urinal cookie! It has the AOL logo embossed on it!
-www.userfriendly.org, 12-08-00

DEAvendetta
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I already knew this would be a depressing Christmas afterall... I was right!

Not only is this the first Christmas since my grandfather died, my father underwent having a lung removed a few months ago and isn't completely healed yet. Since, I'm loosing the majority of my financial income in two months, all we bought for were the kiddies - Which had a good Christmas.

My wife was out of town all week on a final business trip, and I forgot to pick up her mothers computer which was to be my brother in law's present... Then when we finally got it, the SOB refuses to operate correctly!

Did I mention that the wife's Pontiac driver side window fell off too?

------------------
Beam me up Scotty!! This planet sucks!
DEAverification :P

IP: Logged
LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I for one had a GREAT Christmas.... I worked all day and laughed all night. Visited my family... yeah, the ones that disowned me... 30 seconds after getting there, everyone had put on thier coat and left already: I didn't say "hi!" properly. It's good to know that I can clean out a room, eh? Anyway, not to let that slow me down, I went back to my new apartment, and I giggled all night long with my girlfriends and tlaked to my boy on the phone. All in all a good day, do I don't know what YOU all are whining about!

Oh! And today was even better than yesterday... why? Because today was the first time in over a week that the migraine I've had was bearable.... ahh... the sweet joy of drugs..... *grin*

~LOA

------------------
"The purple elephants have conquered my pants! Weasels to the rescue!!!" ~TSN, Oct. 23, 2000

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got a DVD player. All is right with the world.

Oh, I threw a party for my parents' 25th wedding anniversary too.

------------------
I have been floated to this spot this hour
On a series of events
I cannot explain
--
Olivia Tremor Control
Read chapters one and two of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Read, read, read, read, read me now.

MsChris
Member # 445

- posted      Profile for MsChris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Oh! And today was even better than yesterday... why? Because today was the first time in over a week that the migraine I've had was bearable.... ahh... the sweet joy of drugs..... *grin*" - LOA

I'm with ya there...LOA! While I was away I had a wonderful little migraine myself. One of the guys on the trip with me offered me some medication. Being the innocent sweet little thing I am, I graciously accepted. He handed me what appeared to tylenol - ya, know...two white caplets - it looked like tylenol - I swear! I didn't ask him what it was - that's what you get for assuming. :-)

About twenty minutes later (having an empty stomach), I started feeling really strange. I felt like the world was revolving faster than normal.

Another ten minutes later, I decide that what I'm feeling isn't due to the exhaustion! I asked the fella, "What the hell did you give me?" He promptly responds with, "Hydrocodone." I proceeded to comically fuss at him. My body isn't used to having drugs on board and reacts to stuff rather quickly! One would have been sufficient and probably wouldn't have caused my face to be numb (or the desire to hang on to something so I could walk in a straight line).

Ah well, it was the best afternoon of the whole trip! I slept really well too.

[This message has been edited by MsChris (edited December 27, 2000).]

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Christmas was excellent. Though, working as a bartender, the number of hours you get at this time of year and the mass drinking that people indulge in tends to leave you rather uninterested in alcohol. Believe me, work around it 6 days a week and you start to dislike the smell(s) in a big way.

------------------
Re: Russia in WWII

"Hey, we butchered Poles! Thats OK."
- DT.

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GF gave me a Playstation. Not the old one, one of the newer, smaller, sleeker ones. Kewl!!!

I know, I should get the new Playstation II, but it's VERY hard to get and hey, that PSX is a great gift.

And yesterday was Boxing Day, aka Return-All-Your-Ugly-Presents Day, aka Rock-Bottom-Specials-Shopping Day. And it's a national holiday up here too, I got the day off!!! Got me a few games for my new PSX, a new pair of pants, and dress shoes.

------------------
"My Name is Elmer Fudd, Millionaire. I own a Mansion and a Yacht."
Psychiatrist: "Again."

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also got a DVD player. And a lot of socks. Which is good, because I need socks. So far I've got "The Princess Bride", "The Replacements", and "The American President" for it, and I plan on pickin' up that wonderful flick of the seventies, "Dazed & Confused" soon ...

"Hey man, I came here to do two things: drink some beer and kick some ass. Looks like we're almost out of beer."

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 6.83 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux
"If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier ... just as long as I'm the dictator." - George "Dubya" Bush, Dec 18, 2000

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps