Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » I'm looking to increase... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I'm looking to increase...
Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...my oldies/80s music selection, and I'm looking for good titles. I like a lot of oldies and 80's music, but I can never remember the titles. Can you guys offer good suggestions of great songs?

------------------
"You must give in to tock." - The First One

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
80's pop - A-HA (Take On Me)
80's rock - Alice Cooper (Poison)
80's synth- Alphaville (Forever Young)
80's soft-rock - Mark Knopfler (Sultans Of Swing)
80's Latino rhytms - Kaoma (Lambada)

Misc.
Mike Oldfield (Moonlight Shadow)
Tom Waits (Heartattack and Vine)
Dave Stewart (Lily was here)
Queen (Highlander)
Chris Rea (Road to hell)

I'm just looking through my collection...

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Queen did a lot of songs for Highlander.

"Princes of the Universe" being the title track. You know, "Here we arrrrre..."

"Don't Lose Your Head", "Gimme The Prize," "Who Wants to Live Forever?" and a "Kind of Magic" are others.

Also, "Hungry Like The Wolf" by Duran Duran

"Paradise City" by Guns N' Roses

"We Didn't Start The Fire" by Billy Joel

"Glory Days" by Springsteen

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 6.83 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux
"If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier ... just as long as I'm the dictator." - George "Dubya" Bush, Dec 18, 2000

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You should ask Sol about this. He'd help you out with increasing the size of your music collection, and I'm sure he'd give you tips on increasing the size of other things, too. He is, after all, the King of such condondondondrums.

------------------
"...[They've] been so completely dumbed down by the media, by tabloid scumbags, by the Christian "right", by politicians in general, the school, parents who are dumber than their parents were, who are dumber than their parents were, and all of whom think that they can bring up a child just because they got down in bed and had a little sex...well, frankly, here is an audience that knows more and more about less and less as the years go by...We are talking about a constituency...that knows nothing. This is pandemic; terrifyingly, paralyzingly pandemic. They know absolutely nothing."
- Harlan Ellison, on the Media Consumer of today.

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
U2's War ('83), The Unforgettable Fire ('84), The Joshua Tree ('87, their best), and Rattle and Hum ('89).

------------------
"My Name is Elmer Fudd, Millionaire. I own a Mansion and a Yacht."
Psychiatrist: "Again."

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the parameters of your search are a little vague. Are you looking for New Wave stuff? Punk? Postpunk? Glam rock? Hair bands?

------------------
20th century, go to sleep.
--
R.E.M.
Read chapters one and two of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Show no patience, tolerance, or restraint.

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm looking for whatever was catchy and got stuck in your head... could be any one of those catagories

------------------
"You must give in to tock." - The First One

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tank - Honor and Blood was a good tape.

------------------
"One's ethics are determined by what we do when no one is looking"

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was a great song called "Wild Boys" but I forget who sang it.

"Thriller" o_0

"Silent Running" "In the Air Tonight," and everything else on the Miami Vice soundtracks.

Genesis, Phil Collins, Peter Gabriel (SledgeHammer! yeaah!)

------------------
"Ed Gruberman, you fail to grasp Ty Kwan Leap. Approach me, that you might see." -- The Master

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stan Bush.

------------------
"...[They've] been so completely dumbed down by the media, by tabloid scumbags, by the Christian "right", by politicians in general, the school, parents who are dumber than their parents were, who are dumber than their parents were, and all of whom think that they can bring up a child just because they got down in bed and had a little sex...well, frankly, here is an audience that knows more and more about less and less as the years go by...We are talking about a constituency...that knows nothing. This is pandemic; terrifyingly, paralyzingly pandemic. They know absolutely nothing."
- Harlan Ellison, on the Media Consumer of today.

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love and Rockets.

------------------
Oh, yes, sitting. The great leveler. From the mightiest Pharaoh to the lowliest peasant, who doesn't enjoy a good sit?
~C. Montgomery Burns

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Duran Duran did "Wild Boys." And I'm quite impressed anyone remembers Alphaville (well, outside Germany where they're still a going concern).

------------------
Luke Ford: "What's it like having a dick in your ass?"

Zoe: "Imagine taking your bottom lip and pulling it over the top of your head. You get used to it but it does hurt."

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God I love highlander.

Anyhow, Michael Jackson should be mentioned with the 80's.

------------------
Re: Russia in WWII

"Hey, we butchered Poles! Thats OK."
- DT.

Saiyanman Benjita
...in 2012. This time, why not the worst?
Member # 122

- posted      Profile for Saiyanman Benjita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd have to go with Tahna's answer.

Other than that, there's always the soundtracks to John Hughes films.

------------------
I looked at my son, and said, "My god, he's hung like a bear."
"That's the umbillical cord, Mr. Williams."

-Robin Williams, "A Night at the Met" 1986

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What was catchy?

80's? 'member the Bangles?

oldies... get "1" the new Beatles compilation!

------------------
"This is cooling, faster than I can..." Tori Amos "Cooling"

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps