Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Where do the newbies say hi around here? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Where do the newbies say hi around here?
Orlock
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Such a wonderful sense of humor MsChris, I look forward seeing more of it .

Thank you all for your warm and most humorous welcome, I think I'm going to be very comfortable here indeed

IP: Logged
MsChris
Member # 445

- posted      Profile for MsChris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HUMOR?!

But it's true I tell ya. Honest! Don't believe anything anyone else tells ya - they are telling lies!
All of them! Really!

------------------
Awww...He ate my cookie!

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*snarls* *snaps* *barks* *leaps*

------------------
"One's ethics are determined by what we do when no one is looking"

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Omega: We're welcoming Orlock, not McChris. Complement the newbie, not the near-newbie.

Oh, and one other thing

*stares at Jeff*

No, really, you are kidding? Aren't you?

------------------
"And Mojo was hurt and I would have kissed his little boo boo but then I realized he was a BAD monkey so I KICKED HIM IN HIS FACE!"
-Bubbles

MsChris
Member # 445

- posted      Profile for MsChris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Near-newbie?!

HAH! I resemble that remark!

"Omega: We're welcoming Orlock, not McChris. Complement the newbie, not the near-newbie." - PsyLiam

Heeeeyyyyy!!!! I don't see a post from Omega! :p

[This message has been edited by MsChris (edited January 15, 2001).]

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have a FAQ, you know. Someone could have mentioned the FAQ. "Oh, hello, sir or madam," they could have said. "We have a FAQ." Oh, some might complain, might say that the FAQ may exist somewhere, but not here, that there is no way to access it, that for all practical purposes it is a non-FAQ, but those people are wrong. Now, anyway.

So, welcome. Here is what new people, their faces flush with the intoxicating madness of youth, should do:

Read the FAQ.

Compliment the author of the FAQ on being such a well spoken young gentleman, with the wit of Oscar Wilde (Though perfectly straight, mind you. Perfectly!) and the savoir-faire of a very, very, very, very...good person.

Do not spend much time contemplating the simplistic presentation, because the author has put it up just now, even as he types this post he is cutting and pasting and HTMLizing, and he does this all for you, and only for you. Imagine!

Possibly, possibly, tell the author that he is pretty. Not a requirement, just a suggestion.

Love life intensely.

------------------
20th century, go to sleep.
--
R.E.M.
Read chapters one and two of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Show no patience, tolerance, or restraint.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just tell the author that he's got a really big ... well, "what" it is that he's got that's really big I'll leave to your imagination, but its his pride and joy.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 6.83 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux
"If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier ... just as long as I'm the dictator." - George "Dubya" Bush, Dec 18, 2000

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why must you cloud it in secrecy? Although, I doubt you'd find anything large enough to cast his enormous member into shadow.

For you see, all newbies, Mr. Sol "Magic Wand" System is named so for a reason.

------------------
"...[They've] been so completely dumbed down by the media, by tabloid scumbags, by the Christian "right", by politicians in general, the school, parents who are dumber than their parents were, who are dumber than their parents were, and all of whom think that they can bring up a child just because they got down in bed and had a little sex...well, frankly, here is an audience that knows more and more about less and less as the years go by...We are talking about a constituency...that knows nothing. This is pandemic; terrifyingly, paralyzingly pandemic. They know absolutely nothing."
- Harlan Ellison, on the Media Consumer of today.

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course I'm kidding, Liam. Can I have my hand back tho?

------------------
"You must give in to tock." - The First One

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't listen to any of them. I'll give you the nickel tour for $10 though.
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GET YOUR PEANUTS!!! GET YOUR LOVELY, FRESH PEANUTS!! I also have balloons, icecream and screencaps.

*Attenborough-mode* Myes, watch heaah as the monthly feeding-frenzy occurs. A diverse variety of Trek-magazines are in fact being torn apart and consumed for their visual goodies. A remarkable feature in this species, as they seemingly digest the contents and distinctiveness of the magazines and add it to their own.
OH! We have to watch out now, after the feeding they usually proceed with smearing their colorful feces on the cages, in the form of shapes, symbols and sounds (looks almost as a childish interpretation of schematic, ha!) that seems to resemble that inherent in the cannibalized magazines, but within their personal tribal-tongue... Fascinating, I say!

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Note to self: Integrate FAQ with new website.

------------------
"Babies are squirmy, ugly, dirty, smelly, and noisy. They'd offend all five of my senses if I had any reason to lick one..."
-- TSN, 2001.01.11 23:27, PhoenixChat

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like that'll happen.

------------------
Luke Ford: "What's it like having a dick in your ass?"

Zoe: "Imagine taking your bottom lip and pulling it over the top of your head. You get used to it but it does hurt."

The Talented Mr. Gurgeh
Member # 318

- posted      Profile for The Talented Mr. Gurgeh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Orlock: Altair posted this link a while ago, you might find it useful.

------------------
*Kenshiro gets off bed made from solid stone*
*Bed made from solid stone explodes*
Fist of the North Star

Saiyanman Benjita
...in 2012. This time, why not the worst?
Member # 122

- posted      Profile for Saiyanman Benjita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lovely Spam, wonderful spam... Lovely spam, wonderful spam... spam spam spam SPAM!!!!!

Who came up with that term anyway? If you loved that, go here (Ha Ha Ha! SPAM!)

Anyway, welcome. Hope you like nuts.

------------------
I looked at my son, and said, "My god, he's hung like a bear."
"That's the umbillical cord, Mr. Williams."

-Robin Williams, "A Night at the Met" 1986

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps