Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » DVD Special Editions (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: DVD Special Editions
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the tip, man!!! Why didn't I think of it??? I went to the UK over the holidays and my friends there said they could buy stuff and mail it over to me. This made my day brighter!

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[mumblespeak]Damn double posts ...[/mumblespeak]

[ September 30, 2001: Message edited by: Malnurtured Snay ]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While I'm sure we'll all be treated to the "Wrath of Lee" and another rant against DVD ...

Paramount announced this week that they will be re-releasing Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan as a Special Edition DVD, with similar treatment as given to ST:TMP. It is scheduled to be released 2nd quarter of 2002.

Looks like I'm going to sell mine on eBay ...

Paramount also announced that Star Trek: The Next Generation's first season will be released as a box-set in 2nd quarter of 2002. YAY!

Unfortunatly, Indiana Jones isn't scheduled for a 2002 DVD release. I am bummed. But cheered by TNG. But bummed by Indy. Doh!

But -- overjoyed! Both Bill & Ted flicks street on December 4th!!!!!

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pretty much the only reason why I never bought any of the Star Trek DVDs. I've already got the VHS versions, and since there's no extras in the DVDs why buy it? But these SE's will be worth buying.

I want to get Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back when it comes out, but like Dogma, I'm sure they'll make a SE six months later.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hmmmm......

According to a recent interview, Paramount said that there wont be any special edition of the rest of the Trek movies. Where exactly did you get this from?

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Soundwave (are you Hobbes?) ...

Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back: Loaded Special Edition planned for February release.

The359 ...

Studio Day 2001 was held in L.A. recently. Follow this link to the Paramount announcements.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes.

My favorite Decepticon. Even bought him off eBay. Along with a couple others, Blaster, Optimus Prime, Overkill (Soundwave cassette). I plan to buy more G1 Transformers later.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't really see a need for a Special Edition of Star Trek II, seeing as how the only thing that might be of use is the few minutes about Preston and such that was shown on TV (and is still shown on TV on occasion).

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Apparently, Paramount disagrees with you.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps