Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Who here watches.... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Who here watches....
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I have a thought. There's way too much television these days.

:-)

------------------
My new year's resolution is the same as last year's: 1024x768.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At least too much television about Gay sex and Man Trains at supper time. At least "World Class Enormously fat men pulling trucks" is on thrice a day.

If that doesn't eliminate all positive thoughts towards men of any gender, I don't know what does.

------------------
"...screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!" - Omega.

Irony ensues.

Free Jeff K

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Look, all my exposure to such local dialect is through James Herriot. It's not my fault.

------------------
I will shout until they know what I mean.
--
Neutral Milk Hotel
Read three (three!) chapters of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Then, go insane!

Antagonist
Member # 484

- posted      Profile for Antagonist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I can't believe people actually watch shows like these! It sounds to me much like one of those 'reality television" shows like "Survivor" or "Making the Band" (which, I may add, was one of the most annoying and useless television shows I've ever has the displeasure of watching).

Speaking of anime, Jeff, a friend introduced me to a new anime (well, it isn't so new, really) called 'Cowboy Bebop'. Yes, the title may may you take a double take at what I just said, but I'd say it rivals Lodoss War in quality, perhaps even surpassing it (and as every good fan of anime should know, Lodoss War is a very well-known classic).

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Comparing "Lodoss War" & "Bebop" is like comparing John Coltrane with George Handel. It's apples & oranges.

But I admit freely that "Bebop" is one of my favorite if not THE favorite anime series. I own all 5 CDs, but I'f yet to get a "Swordfish II" or "Red Tail" model...or any of the figurines I want.

------------------
"You just push off....and the falling sort of happens on its own." ---Dave Titus

Quatre Winner
Member # 464

- posted      Profile for Quatre Winner         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cowboy Bebop is another of my fave animes!

------------------
"Okashii na... namida ga nagareteru. Hitotsu mo kanashikunai no ni."
(That's funny... my tears are falling. And I'm not sad at all.) - Quatre Raberba Winner

Antagonist
Member # 484

- posted      Profile for Antagonist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, those CDs are expensive, too. At least whereever I find them at, they can run from $20-35 american. Don't get me wrong, either, I love the music but I can't dish out that much per CD. Where are you looking to find those models? I'd like to get some myself.

*marvels how topics are so easily drawn off course*

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh...I usually get them for $US 15 at a store an hour or so away...or off eBay for about the same or less.

As for the models...Hobbylink Japan works; there are a couple other places that I can't remeber the URLs for, like Rainbow Ten. Go to the "Where To Buy Stuff" section at Starship Modeler for more info.

------------------
"You just push off....and the falling sort of happens on its own." ---Dave Titus

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like I said, these too much TV. And I can prove it. Two words: Temptation Island

:-)

------------------
My new year's resolution is the same as last year's: 1024x768.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm. Interesting that he's an anime fan in the US version of QAF. I guess that anime is to gay Yanks what Doctor Who is to gay Brits.

Which says something. I'm not sure what. Possibly that our gays are perfectly happy to watch home-grown crap. Pointless arguements about whether Colin Baker was a steaming pile of poo, and how exactly the Eye of Omega worked, instead of pointless arguments about whether you can have an anime girl who isn't a)flightly and mysterious, or b) a bitch; followed by people shouting "dubz Sux! Japanese rulez! Boinky boinky boinky!"

------------------
"And Mojo was hurt and I would have kissed his little boo boo but then I realized he was a BAD monkey so I KICKED HIM IN HIS FACE!"
-Bubbles

Quatre Winner
Member # 464

- posted      Profile for Quatre Winner         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You might be right Liam. But what strikes me odd is that the biggest majority of yaoi/yuri anime fanfic writers are predominatly female.

Anyway.

Anime is just a small fraction of my many and diverse interests. I'm into Babylon-5, Trek & SW to a small degree and I've hardly seen an episode of Dr. Who except when I was real little. There's way much more that I do that you don't know about so...i'll leave it at that.

------------------
(That's funny... my tears are falling. And I'm not sad at all.) - Quatre Raberba Winner

Quatre Winner
Member # 464

Or not.

Michael_T. Did you have something to say about this?

------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps