Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Adventures in Drivers Education (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Adventures in Drivers Education
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And the farmers in Saskatchewan feel they don't need either, let alone obey silly rules like stopping at lights and allowing pedestrians to cross.

------------------
"...screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!" - Omega.

Irony ensues.

Free Jeff K

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And, seeing as where Hobbes posted a picture of his car, this is the kind of car I hope to get:

The one I want to get is the same colour, but it has different rims and, unless I'm mistaken, a different grille as it's an '89 and I think this one's a '90 or later...

------------------
"Lately I've noticed that everyone seems to trust me. It's really quite unnerving. I'm still trying to get used to it."
- Garak, "Empok Nor"

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't gotten my license yet, I know how to drive, but I hate going to the DMV. And the cops they have who take the test- eek!

Oh and I just remembered what happened in a drivers education class once.

I wasn't there but one of my friends was and here's what happened.

There was about 30 students in the class, and 5 cars. It was the first time behind the wheel for a few of them, and one imparticular who had no idea what she was doing as it turned out.
Apparently, she was driving along, going slow around the course and everything was fine, then she had to stop or something. Well instead of releasing her foot from the gas and putting on the brake, she hit the gas and accelerated to over 50 mph before finally slamming the brakes (while the she had her other foot on the gas I believe) and nearly hitting another of the cars on the course. Needless to say, the Instructor was both scared shitless and pissed off at the same time.

[This message has been edited by TLE (edited February 10, 2001).]

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TSN: No, it was Adam. 8)

------------------
"I rather strongly disagree, even if I share the love of Dick. Speaking of which, that would be the most embarrasing .sig quote ever, so never use it."

- Simon Sizer, 23/01/2001

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Makes sense, seeing as where Adam drives an Intrepid-class carship himself...

------------------
"Lately I've noticed that everyone seems to trust me. It's really quite unnerving. I'm still trying to get used to it."
- Garak, "Empok Nor"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is that a Cavalier?

Make sure to get a manual-transmission.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 6.27 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with four eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Forum Member Who Shall Be Nameless. 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

Yes, it's a Cavalier and yes, the one I want is manual.

------------------
- Garak, "Empok Nor"

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
scared shitless and pissed off at the same time

A quick change of underwear required, methinks. 8)

------------------
"I rather strongly disagree, even if I share the love of Dick. Speaking of which, that would be the most embarrasing .sig quote ever, so never use it."

- Simon Sizer, 23/01/2001

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The car that I have and have had since I started and probably will have will past graduation is similar to the picture Fabrux posted. It's a 4-door Cavalier and that same shade of blue.

Ziyal: In my defense, there wasn't much I could do to stop my friend from driving that fast. The brake and accelerator pedals were on his side of the car. Plus, he's really stubborn when it comes to friendly hints (like, "You may wanna slow down a bit before you put the car through the stadium and kill us all").

To be fair, I wasn't the best driver in drivers education either. I nearly wrecked the car and hurt everyone with the class that was with me. Why? I swerved to avoid birds that were in the middle of my lane. Our course, one of the girls in my class almost did the same thing. She almost hit a cow.

------------------
Nic: She's not a practicing lesbian. We need PRACTICING lesbians!
Me: I have a camcorder.
Nic: But no lesbians.
Me: Ahhh... no.
Nic: DAMN IT MAN! WE NEED LESBIANS! LOTS AND LOTS OF LESBIANS!

ICQ Conversation From January 23, 2001.

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*smiles* I had a GREAT Driver's Ed teacher..... At one point, I put the car into a total skid going around a corner (It TRULY wasn't my fault, though I thought it was at the time!) and his only exclamation was "Whee! Let's do it again!" :-)

Moving past that though... My Spedometer goes up to 140 in the Honda, I think, but I know I've never gotten it past 120.... I tried, but it just wouldn't go... pleh.....

~LOA

Oh... and side note... I once had a Cavalier... '86 model.. it was a GREAT car! Then it got totalled parked at my HS.... Teenage girls in stolen cars = manace to society.
------------------
"Apprently, "pooty" involves deities and pretty girls in compromising positions..." ~TSN Jan. 18th, 2001

[This message has been edited by LOA (edited February 11, 2001).]

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Liz said:
quote:

Moving past that though... My Spedometer goes up to 140 in the Honda, I think, but I know I've never gotten it past 120.... I tried, but it just wouldn't go... pleh.....

Remember in the other thread, when you asked, "Is it me or is it the car". After seeing that, I think it might be you.

Fastest I've ever driven a car was 110mph, on a stright country back rode, with no other cars around.

------------------
All along the watchtower, princes kept the view
While all the women came and went, barefoot servants, too.

Outside in the distance a wildcat did growl,
Two riders were approaching, the wind began to howl.
Bob Dylan

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
110 mph, Ed? 120 mph, Liz? 90 mph, Tim? Tsk tsk tsk...

My car's speedometer goes up to an astounding 85 mph. The fastest I have ever driven my baby is 75 mph. Partly because I don't like to break the speed limit too much (the freeway by my house is 70 mph) and partly because I'm afraid anything beyond that will cause my car to explode. Speaking of my car...

That's my baby.

------------------
Nic: She's not a practicing lesbian. We need PRACTICING lesbians!
Me: I have a camcorder.
Nic: But no lesbians.
Me: Ahhh... no.
Nic: DAMN IT MAN! WE NEED LESBIANS! LOTS AND LOTS OF LESBIANS!

ICQ Conversation From January 23, 2001.

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nimrod
quote:
So if one buys a car in South Carolina, were he lives, and crosses the border, the police will pull him over and fuck with him?
Does that require all caroliners to have extra plates in the trunk?

No.

------------------
Sheridan: "Dammit, what do you want? What do you want from me?"
Kosh: "Never ask that question."
Federation Starship Datalink: Brand new look, fresh minty scent, same great taste!

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That didn't really explain anything, you know. So can anyone get away with one plate as long as he buys it from SC? Does he have to live there? Work there?

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your car must conform to the laws in your home state, where you buy your plate/plates. You can drive thriugh other states without problems.

------------------
All along the watchtower, princes kept the view
While all the women came and went, barefoot servants, too.

Outside in the distance a wildcat did growl,
Two riders were approaching, the wind began to howl.
Bob Dylan

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps