Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » XFL (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: XFL
Toadkiller
Member # 425

- posted      Profile for Toadkiller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wha'cha think?

------------------
TK

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Half naked cheerleaders.

Big, grunting, sweaty men beating the crap out of each other.

Honestly, it seems a lot like the NFL to me

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 6.83 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Forum Member Who Shall Be Nameless. 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aside from the fact that the quality of the actual Football made even the Arena Europe leagues look exciting, and every single player on the Saskatchewan Roughriders look like a pro-bowler.

No thank you, Mr. Vince I-eat-poop (HAR HAR!!), I'll stick to watching unexploitative, real football. And not American football.

------------------
"...screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!" - Omega.

Irony ensues.

Free Jeff K

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard, on the sports news, that they only get paid for the games they win, which is a compelling reason to win at any cost. Like the guy that the news said was hurt during the first game, benched for the rest of the year, so he won't get paid if his team mates lose. I watched a preview or some such thing about the cheerleaders, so there's not much more for me to see there, baring a hustler pictorial.

------------------
"One's ethics are determined by what we do when no one is looking" Nugget
Star Trek: Gamma Quadrant
Star Trek: Legacy
Read them, rate them, got money, film them

"...and I remain on the far side of crazy, I remain the mortal enemy of man, no hundred dollar cure will save me..." WoV

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
XFL is just crap. I mean, it's just Minor League (hell, even Little League) football. And the rules changes don't make the game ANY better (coin toss replaced with dash for the football? HA!)

And with only 8 teams (some of which come from the wrong places), and 6 or 8 games in a season, do you expect to have this last more then a few years?

------------------
"No, 3 & 6 are mandatory, so you only have to do them if you want"

Alex, fellow classmate, trying to explain an assignment (2/2/01)

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
World League of American Football, anyone?

------------------
"You just push off....and the falling sort of happens on its own." ---Dave Titus

Antagonist
Member # 484

- posted      Profile for Antagonist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You've already fallen into the hype which is the XFL.

Guys, face it, the XFL is different, thus you like to talk about it, which makes others hear you talk about it (whether you say it is crap or really good) and want to see it for themselves.

The XFL has some really good ideas, the only problem I have with it is its WWF smackdown style.

Oh, and is there something wrong with a dash for the ball to see who takes the initiative in the game? Just curious why you don't like this idea.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm personally against this ideal that anything entertaining has to be extreme. I mean, come on, do we really need to see someone be mortally injured just to be entertained?

------------------
"Lately I've noticed that everyone seems to trust me. It's really quite unnerving. I'm still trying to get used to it."
- Garak, "Empok Nor"

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*does a flying talk on Fabrux, then slaps him in the face with a herring*

mmmm, sometimes....

------------------
"One's ethics are determined by what we do when no one is looking" Nugget
Star Trek: Gamma Quadrant
Star Trek: Legacy
Read them, rate them, got money, film them

"...and I remain on the far side of crazy, I remain the mortal enemy of man, no hundred dollar cure will save me..." WoV

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Even though I generally dislike sports...pro wresting is not a sport and by extension the XFL is ???

I just have to say lapdances!

------------------
"There's no such thing as legacies. At least, there is a legacy, but I'll never see it."
~ George W. Bush, Deer-In-The-Headlights of the United States

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What do you get when you cram all the losers of NFL and college football together?

------------------
"President Bush. It's fun saying that. Go ahead, you try." - M. Lucinsky, Spectrum Editor

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, I heard they get paid a couple thousand per game, and a small bonus for winning.

At least they've got that idea right...

------------------
My new year's resolution is the same as last year's: 1024x768.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is XLF?

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

Orion Syndicate
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Orion Syndicate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's XFL. And it's some rival American football league to the NFL. I don't like the NFL anyway, so all I know of the XFL is the news publicity it's gotten.

------------------
Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, its not a rival league at all... Well, according to Vince McMahon, the owner of it. However, even though they're not competing with the NFL, and therefore don't mean anything to the NFL, the XFL people are apparently pissed off that NFL said they were a "non-issue."

------------------
"President Bush. It's fun saying that. Go ahead, you try." - M. Lucinsky, Spectrum Editor

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps