Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » A chuckle

Author Topic: A chuckle
Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
www.engrish.com

------------------
"President Bush. It's fun saying that. Go ahead, you try." - M. Lucinsky, Spectrum Editor

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This get funnier as I read more....

------------------
"One's ethics are determined by what we do when no one is looking" Nugget
Star Trek: Gamma Quadrant
Star Trek: Legacy
Read them, rate them, got money, film them

"...and I remain on the far side of crazy, I remain the mortal enemy of man, no hundred dollar cure will save me..." WoV

[This message has been edited by Ritten (edited February 07, 2001).]

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, I've been into Japanese stores in London in my hunt for, er, anime (wow, I'm cool), and even there they have appalling spelling mistakes. Although they don't bother with this "Engrish" malarky. No, they hav edeceided that since THEY don't have an "l", we aren't getting one either. So I could purchase some quality "Engish" dubs. Which doesn't fill me with confidence.

OTOH, I've never understood this. "BM" stands for "Bowel movement"? To whom? Mad old grannies?

------------------
"And Mojo was hurt and I would have kissed his little boo boo but then I realized he was a BAD monkey so I KICKED HIM IN HIS FACE!"
-Bubbles

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Apparently, there's some video game that was made in Japan, and, when you win, it splashes across the screen the word "Victoly!"...

------------------
My new year's resolution is the same as last year's: 1024x768.

The Talented Mr. Gurgeh
Member # 318

- posted      Profile for The Talented Mr. Gurgeh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All your base are belong to us

------------------
*Kenshiro gets off bed made from solid stone*
*Bed made from solid stone explodes*
Fist of the North Star

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Frawress victolee"

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My friend Gretchen showed me this a couple of times. Read the one about the fragrant panda poop.

------------------
"Censoring the Internet is like putting a toll booth at the bottom of the ocean."

--Celia Pearce, The Interactive Book

Saiyanman Benjita
...in 2012. This time, why not the worst?
Member # 122

- posted      Profile for Saiyanman Benjita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ruvree.

------------------
"Oh please. I'm wet, I'm naked. And you think this is some plot to take over the world as a wet monkey in my BIRTHDAY SUIT!"

Mojo Jojo, The Powerpuff Girls

Saiyanman Benjita's Dragonball Page

Saiyanman Benjita
...in 2012. This time, why not the worst?
Member # 122

- posted      Profile for Saiyanman Benjita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Love this one.

------------------
"Oh please. I'm wet, I'm naked. And you think this is some plot to take over the world as a wet monkey in my BIRTHDAY SUIT!"

Mojo Jojo, The Powerpuff Girls

Saiyanman Benjita's Dragonball Page

Antagonist
Member # 484

- posted      Profile for Antagonist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AHAHAHAHAHAA!

The apparel page is great! That chic wearing the tee shirt is feckin' hilarious. I have a shirt with kanji (japanese alphabet for those of you who are uninformed) written on it, and I asked a friend of mine who is very fluent with japanese to translate it all for me, he told me it made about as much sense as any of the pictures on that webiste. It goes to show hw much effort people put into their products

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps