Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » woohoo My first earthquake (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: woohoo My first earthquake
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not only do no pretty girls ever walk past my house, no girls at all do. Indeed, no humans or, in fact, higher primates ever come within fifty yards unless they A.) Live here, B.) Want to sell something (shoes, power, a god) C.) Know one or more occupants or want money from them.

My home is, to say the least, physically isolated.

------------------
I will shout until they know what I mean.
--
Neutral Milk Hotel
Read three (three!) chapters of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Then, go insane!

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know a few people who live there on another board, most said it wasn't that bad but surprising (how many would expect an Earthquake up there? ).
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone who had been paying attention.

------------------
I will shout until they know what I mean.
--
Neutral Milk Hotel
Read three (three!) chapters of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Then, go insane!

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sol: What about the innocent kids that use you as something to mount swings on?

------------------
"Sack me!? I MADE the BBC!!"

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know how it could have been missed. The ground went shaky-shake for a good 45 seconds. The Starbuck's building (cough) was only partially shaken down. Lots of cosmetic damage to older buildings, some structural. They've declared the capitol building in Olympia uninhabitable. And my friend who works at the 5th Avenue Theater in Seattle took a couple pieces of the ceiling home as souvenirs.

And Chris? I think when the New York quake hits, you'll feel it...

--Jonah

------------------
"It's obvious I'm dealing with a moron..."

--Col. Edwards, ROBOTECH

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
New York? Is that near a major fault line? I've never heard of any tectonic activity there.

------------------
"Sack me!? I MADE the BBC!!"

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you live on the Pacific Rim, you're gonna get it sooner or later. I'm not worried though.

------------------
"Censoring the Internet is like putting a toll booth at the bottom of the ocean."

--Celia Pearce, The Interactive Book

Epoch
Geology Rocks
Member # 136

- posted      Profile for Epoch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are some fault lines that run near that side of the country but nothing very close to NY. I don't think they have much to worry about.

------------------
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the weaponry to make the difference.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps