Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Things on your "To Do" list... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Things on your "To Do" list...
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today, I was struck with the realisation of how dreary the lifes of some people really are... every day, they follow the same old routine, they never do anything exciting at all... but without excitement, where's the fun? Or the sense of adventure? Would you want to end up behind a desk for 40 odd years?

At that moment I knew one thing: that such kind of existence is not for me. I intend to enjoy life to its fullest... I want to "see" the world, "feel" its rich diversity of cultures (Australia, here I come), go skiing, wild water rafting, bungeejumping, surfing (anyone say "Hawaii"?), deltaflying, mountainbiking, sailing... all things that make someone really feel alive&kicking! Call me a dreamer (strange coincedence: I'm playing an mp3 called: China in your hands at the moment, which is making this growing sensation even stronger), but I'd rather have such dreams and the slightest possibilty of seeing them forfilled, than be stuck in the World of the common people...

If you still haven't stopped reading after this stream of consciousness: I'd like to know what you have planned out for yourself... just to make sure I am not the only one who is a bit crazy

------------------
"Cry havoc and let's slip the dogs of Evil"

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've learned NOT to make too many plans in my life.... things are chaotic enough without them! I just go day to day and hope for the best.... if you plan on doing something, then the moment when you get nailed by a cadillac and a moving truck while stopped at a yeild just sucks that much more.... you don't realize what you've lost until it's gone, so I prefer instead to be thankful for what I have.... or at least that's what I TRY to do

~LOA

------------------
"Apprently, "pooty" involves deities and pretty girls in compromising positions..." ~TSN Jan. 18th, 2001

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You really want to know? Go here.

------------------
"For people with resources, the right events happen. They may look like coincidences, but they arise out of necessity." --T�rk Hviid

MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I had the money to go to Australia or Hawaii I would in a heart beat. However, LaCrosse Wi. is on top of my 'places to visit' list. I havn't seen my friends there in 5 years!

------------------
"We have to get drunk immediately."----Gattaca

IP: Logged
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's too late. I already have a career, and my dream right now is to make enough money to have a nice apartment and marry my Julie. Then the rest of the world can go HANG, for all I care. All my fantasies have pretty much been subsumed by that overwhelming desire.

I have a job that CAN be dreary at times.

However, while performing rote tasks, I have developed the ability to separate my mind from my body, so that while my body and lower functions are busy completing repetitive tasks, or waiting, or listening to someone drone, my mind is piloting the USS Invictus against a fleet of Jem'Hadar bugs, while an instrumental full rock/orchestral version of "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" is playing at volume 10.

BrrrUM- da DUM DUM dee da DAda dum dum, da da da dee da da dum da daDAAA...

------------------
The government that seems the most unwise, oft goodness to the people best supplies. That which is meddling, touching everything, will work but ill, and disappointment bring. - The Tao Te Ching

[This message has been edited by First of Two (edited March 21, 2001).]

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gordon Lightfoot for battle?? What drugs have you been stealing from Julie?

------------------
"For people with resources, the right events happen. They may look like coincidences, but they arise out of necessity." --T�rk Hviid

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, a full orchestra at high tempo can make almost ANYTHING rock. You have to imagine it. Cymbals crashing like giant waves, Tympany pounding out a driving beat, violins and brass doing what used to be the vocal parts, FORTISSIMO!!! I ain't talking sedate classical stuff here. I'm talking like Metallica's S&M Album. LOUD. FAST. HARD.

------------------
The government that seems the most unwise, oft goodness to the people best supplies. That which is meddling, touching everything, will work but ill, and disappointment bring. - The Tao Te Ching

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On My To-Do-List:

-Buy new TV
-But Futon
-Scrape together move in $$$ for new apartment

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 8.32 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with seven eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1.) Purchase textbooks.
2.) ?
3.) Get A's.
4.) Graduate.
5.) Succeed.
6.) Live forever.

------------------
Not even a god can deny that I have squared the circle of a static Earth and cubed the Earth sphere by rotating it once to a dynamic Time or Life Cube.
--
Gene Ray
Read three (three!) chapters of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet" Or don't. You know, whatever.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
7.) Profit!

------------------
"Kif, I have made it with a woman! Inform the crew!"

- Zapp Brannigan

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did buy a new TV (28" WS) and four months ago a big computer-table from IKEA.

My to-do list is:

Pick up Ju-Jutsu where I left it (trained since -92, been on sabbatical for two years)
Get driver's license
Find friendly female entity
Continue education. Again. Maybe university.
Brush my cat. (done claws already)

------------------
Don't kill me, I'm charming!

The Talented Mr. Gurgeh
Member # 318

- posted      Profile for The Talented Mr. Gurgeh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My to-do list:
-Get degree (Physics, another month and a half)
-Work for about one or two years( Already have a job with Analog Devices)
-Review situation and either do a postgrad or go work abroad
-Learn to fly a plane
-Learn to fly a helicopter

Those are the main ones, but I've loads of other stuff I want to do.

------------------
"If you can't beat your computer at chess, try kickboxing."

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My Short term to do list:

1) Practice for drivers exam, if I have the time.
2) Pass Driver's Exam, see #1
3) Get a new place, that's right, I may have to move AGAIN!!!! (ugh)

My Long term to do list:

1) Finish my Post Secondary Education
2) Get a good Job
3) Look for a better place to live
4) Marry my GF
5) Have a Family
6) Pull Hair out as kids drive me nuts
7) Breathe a sigh of relief when kids leave
8) Retire
9) Visit one of the islands of the Carribean
10) Grow Old
11) Become Senile
12) Die (note that #12 can come at any time).

------------------
"Or maybe he was a real quack who got sick and tired of pissing people off, and decided to get a life and masterbate for the next 10 years."
- Me to Antagonist on Red Quacker, 03/08/01 20:15

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is that truth?
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

To Do List:

DAILY:
Resist urge to stay in bed every morning.
Resist urge to throttle stupid Uniontown drivers.
Resist urge to tell patrons the truth about themselves, their behaviour, and their children's behaviour, thus keeping job.

SHORT-RANGE FUTURE
Find affordable apartment.
Move in.
Move Julie in.
Wed Julie.

LONG-RANGE FUTURE and highly unlikely dreams
Write book of poetry
Write novel.
Collaborate on novel with Julie.
Move to Arizona.
Enter politics.
Become active in several causes, including better law enforcement, education, and expanded development of space.
Be important enough to have a statue to me erected somewhere.
Ammass a fortune large enough to help finance a space probe mission.
Meet several celebrities, inc. Neil Gaiman, Tori Amos, Andy Robinson, Ally Walker.

Totally ridiculous dreams:
Conquer Earth.
Make contact with extraterrestrials.
Live in a holodeck with a replicator.
Death to all who oppose me.
Build, or have built for me, a large-scale (at least twice the size of the current scale) every Trek starship model ever. To scale. Hang them in the Great Hall of my mansion.

------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps