Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Removing an operating system (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Removing an operating system
MC Infinity
Member # 531

- posted      Profile for MC Infinity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're not gonna lose the registry that way. You'd only lose it if you format(which you should do if Windows doesn't start).

------------------
"Well if it's gonna be that kind of a party, I'm putting my dick in the mashed potatoes!"

-Nimrod 16/4/2001

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, it will wipe out the registry... if Windows is unable to boot for whatever reason, and you decide to "reinstall" it (even without formatting from DOS first) the setup will erase the entire previous install, including the critical registry files.
I found this out the hard way...

[Edit] Forgot to mention, Windows (any version) is notoriously hard to get rid of without the aid of good ol' DOS and a copy of Partition Magic. I've set up my system in such a way that I can always perform a root canal whenever needed, by first installing DOS, then W98 on partition one, W2K on partition two, and finally Linux on partition three. These partitions act as independent drives, the only thing they have in common is that they are all part of the same harddisk, and can be whiped easily
[/Edit]
------------------
"Cry havoc and let's slip the dogs of Evil"

[This message has been edited by The_Evil_Lord (edited March 24, 2001).]

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NOBODY GIVES HIM A RAW DEAL...

------------------
"Instructed by history and reflection, Julian was persuaded that, if the diseases of the body may sometimes be cured by salutary violence, neither steel nor fire can eradicate the erroneous opinions of the mind."

-Edward Gibbons, The Decline and Fall of The Roman Empire.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You should've heard his accent in one of the scenes in that flick.

A: He kidnapped, raped, molested and murdered her!

It's priceless...

Nice handle btw. "Generous turnip", are we?

------------------
Don't kill me, I'm charming!

Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Turnip restorer, actually.

------------------
"Instructed by history and reflection, Julian was persuaded that, if the diseases of the body may sometimes be cured by salutary violence, neither steel nor fire can eradicate the erroneous opinions of the mind."

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good initiative, maybe we do need to try and restore the turnippian empire into it's former glory, as in the days of yore...
Well first thing's first, where's PsyLiam? His wellbeing demands for him to get one assful of urple, and two on sundays. And, well, seeing as it's 4:30 here, you had better brace yourself.
Find something to bite down on, maybe a belt or other leather accessoire?

------------------
Don't kill me, I'm charming!

Member # 239

Really, now. Start him off on light urple first. One can only take so much at the beginning. Or so I've heard. From other people. Who aren't myself. As in, not personally.

------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps