Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Need help in the development of a new peep website.

Author Topic: Need help in the development of a new peep website.
MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am planning on making a new website on those fabulous peeps. Peeps that get caught by the nasty humans and get experimented on. I already know that one already exists and is very amusing, but it hasn't been updated in 3 years. I want to make a new website featuring new experiments. However, I'm a bit stumped on how I can pull off the vacumn test. Can anybody tell me how to create a vacumn in a bottle useing things that are publicly available?

Yes, I know. I'm one sick person.

------------------
"We have to get drunk immediately."----Gattaca

IP: Logged
Nonsuch
Ex-Member

you mean marshmallow peeps, the easter candy? you _are_ one sick person.

[This message has been edited by Nonsuch (edited March 25, 2001).]

MIB
Ex-Member

Yes. For the record I mean the marshmellow peeps. NOT real birds. I'm not THAT sick

------------------

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those yellow ones? More power to you!

------------------
You know, you really should keep a personal log. Why bore others needlessly?
The Gigantic Collection of Star Trek Minutiae

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Marshmellow Peeps are wonderfully delicious. They can be used to make some very big and colorful S'Mores. Yummy yummy.

Oh course, it's also fun to torture the devils. I like to put them on escalators and watch them die horrible deaths being ground up at the steps recede into the floor.

I think I kinda crossed the TMI line with that last paragraph. Oops.

------------------
Nic: She's not a practicing lesbian. We need PRACTICING lesbians!
Me: I have a camcorder.
Nic: But no lesbians.
Me: Ahhh... no.
Nic: DAMN IT MAN! WE NEED LESBIANS! LOTS AND LOTS OF LESBIANS!

ICQ Conversation From January 23, 2001.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, but we get Cadbury's Creme Eggs all the year round. Nyahh.

------------------
"Kif, I have made it with a woman! Inform the crew!"

- Zapp Brannigan

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read some cartoon ten years ago, think it was an old one, where some people had found small animals that looked like fuzzy bowling pegs with whiskers, and they could make all kinds of food and wares from those little things. Then some crazy instigator started shooting them off. This was published in our national newspaper, so it must've been famous...

------------------
Don't kill me, I'm charming!

MIB
Ex-Member

hehe. I never thought of an escalator experiment. Although, the security guards at my town's mall might be pretty pissed if I messed up the escalators with peeps. My question still remains. Does anybody know how to create a vacumn in a bottle useing publicly available items?

------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A complete vacuum? I don't know. But, if you boil water in the bottom of a bottle, let the empty space in the bottle fill w/ steam, but the cap on while it's boiling, and stick the bottle in ice water, the steam will condense (taking up less space, and creating a partial vacuum). The cool thing is that, because of the lower pressure, the water will keep boiling, even after it stays in the ice for a while...

------------------
"As part of Mr. Lee's good neighbor policy, all Rat Things are programmed never to break the sound barrier in a populated area. But Fido's in too much of a hurry to worry about the good neighbor policy. Jack the sound barrier. Bring the noise."
-Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps