Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » We've done it! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: We've done it!
MaGiC
tutis per veneficus
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for MaGiC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Finally curry has conquered all! Mc Donald's the bastion of the blandburger has crumbled! Available this month at McDonalds....Chicken Tikka Masala, Tandoori Chicken, Lamb Rogan Josh!! The tasty treats don't stop there. To tickle the taste buds they add Vegetable Samosa and Onion Bhaji! It doesn't get better than this.

------------------
never rub another man's rhubarb! - The Joker

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think they've done some of these before. But they are excellent. And it's only a short promotion, I don't think they'll be permanent additions to the menu.

------------------
"It strikes me that there are enough episodes of the Simpsons that people could speak entirely in Simpsonese, using references from the show to explain or describe an endless series of situations. Nelson and Apu . . . at Tinagra.

But now I�ve brought Star Trek into it again, haven�t I. Sorry."

- James Lileks, 09/04/2001

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would just like to say that, actually, it does get considerably better than this.

Still, is this just the US? I thought the current UK McDonalds special promotion was for, er, something else. Which I can't remember. Tsk.

------------------
You know, when Comedy Central asked us to do a Thanksgiving episode, the first thought that went through my mind was, "Boy, I'd like to have sex with Jennifer Aniston."
-Trey Parker, co-creator of South Park

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't go to McDonalds, but I haven't seen anything like that advertised here. They just started putting lettece and tomato on bugers here, so I don't expect anything new for a while. I do like their coffee.

Wendy's has the only bugers I'll buy here.

------------------
Witty Remark

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh, as far as I know, this is not happening in the US. Indian food isn't popular enough for such a thing.

------------------
"Goverment exists to serve, not to lead. We do not exist by its volition, it exists by ours. Bear that in mind when you insult your neighbors for refusing to bow before it." J. Richmond

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*kicks himself* Sorry, but I got MaGiC mixed up with someone else, for some bizairre reason. I must have brained my damage.

Yeah, I saw it in their today. I was only getting a cheesburger though, and didn't have enough cash on me to get one. Looked quite nice though. I might get a meal for lunch tomorrow.

------------------
You know, when Comedy Central asked us to do a Thanksgiving episode, the first thought that went through my mind was, "Boy, I'd like to have sex with Jennifer Aniston."

MaGiC
tutis per veneficus
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for MaGiC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Liam, I'm glad you kicked yourself, you saved me a job. You've met me haven't you? Am I really that forgettable? I am crushed....

However on a lighter note *chants football style* Curry Rules! Curry Rules! Curry RULES!

------------------
never rub another man's rhubarb! - The Joker

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

I had temporary eye blindness.

------------------

Orion Syndicate
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Orion Syndicate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Curry at McDonalds did seem a strange occurance at first, but I still tried one in Birmingham during a one hour wait for a train that didn't turn up. After trying it, it still seems a strange occurance I'm afraid. I usually cook my own curries, and this is in no way being stuck up myself, but my curries are better.

Curry still rules though!

------------------
The Worlds Ten Greatest 'Fucks' #9

Who let that fucking woman drive? - Captain of Space Shuttle

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

To be fair, McDonalds isn't designed to compete with home cooking. Or even Indian Takeaways.

Burger Kings makes better burgers than McDonalds. However, McDonalds cheeseburgers are cheaper, and taste fine. So, if I'm out and fancy a quite bite, I get that.

Do the McDonalds currys taste nice? As nice as any of their other meals? Then it's okay. It's McDonalds. Don't expect miracles, and you won't be dissapointed.

Which is my mantra in bed.

------------------

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pleh! Curry!

~LOA

------------------
"Apprently, "pooty" involves deities and pretty girls in compromising positions..." ~TSN Jan. 18th, 2001

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Which is a different, but no less valid bedroom mantra.

------------------

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Curry at McDonalds just goes to show that British food sucks.

------------------
"Goverment exists to serve, not to lead. We do not exist by its volition, it exists by ours. Bear that in mind when you insult your neighbors for refusing to bow before it." J. Richmond

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pooty & Pleh!!

------------------
Witty Remark

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn, Kosh, I'd heard you were kinky, but that just takes the cake ...

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 8.32 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with seven eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001
I wouln't say that anyone who has ceased to post every time you rant has "realized that they couldn't win" Omega. It's more like "oh, great he comes Mr. conservative frontal lobotomy boy who only hits one note over and over and over and over..."
-Jay, July 15, 2000

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps