Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Happy (belated) Easter! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Happy (belated) Easter!
Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To all the Christians on the board, I'd like to say Happy Easter, even though it seems a bit late. I dunno, I get the feeling no one announced it before in fear of offending someone. I, of course, do not fear offending anyone .

I went to church, had dinner with the extended family(a delicious ham dinner, mind you) and got an Easter basket for some reason. How was everyone else's Easter?

------------------
"Goverment exists to serve, not to lead. We do not exist by its volition, it exists by ours. Bear that in mind when you insult your neighbors for refusing to bow before it." J. Richmond

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I worked on an archetype (whatever the hell you spell it) for my Design class, drank beer, ate a ham & cheese sandwhich, drank beer, and drank a little more beer. Not surprisingly, I got an "A" on the assignment (which was due today).

Also not surprisingly, I was late for class. ::shrug::

My Mom & Dad went to my grandmother's home in Scranton. My sis couldn't get away from her school, and I couldn't afford to miss class today, so I opted out. Don't really care for the whole part about going to church (not as if I'd have an option with Grand'ma), but it woulda been nice to see the cousins.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 8.32 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with seven eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001
I wouln't say that anyone who has ceased to post every time you rant has "realized that they couldn't win" Omega. It's more like "oh, great he comes Mr. conservative frontal lobotomy boy who only hits one note over and over and over and over..."
-Jay, July 15, 2000

MC Infinity
Member # 531

- posted      Profile for MC Infinity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had dinner with my close family(mom, dad, sister) and then we watched lots of TV.

------------------
"Well if it's gonna be that kind of a party, I'm putting my dick in the mashed potatoes!"

-Nimrod 16/4/2001

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I, unfortunately, missed church due to my new sleeping pills working TOO well and causing me to sleep through my alarm. However, I still made the most of the day, and randomly I ended up taking a trip to Seattle..... just an evening thing.... *grin* 15 hours, round trip... it was the most fun I've had in FOREVER

~LOA

------------------
"Apprently, "pooty" involves deities and pretty girls in compromising positions..." ~TSN Jan. 18th, 2001

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You had school today? Don't you have holidays over Easter (end of term holidays or something)?

Actually, since both Good Friday and Easter Monday are bank holidays here in the UK, there wouldn't be any school even if their wasn't a holiday. All the working types get a 4 day weekend though, which is nice.

Stiill, I'd love to meet someone who would be offended by someone saying "Happy Easter".

------------------
You know, when Comedy Central asked us to do a Thanksgiving episode, the first thought that went through my mind was, "Boy, I'd like to have sex with Jennifer Aniston."
-Trey Parker, co-creator of South Park

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last year, my father died due to rotten egg poisoning. He had eaten an egg that hadn't been found for three years. I am offend. Greatly.

------------------
"Instructed by history and reflection, Julian was persuaded that, if the diseases of the body may sometimes be cured by salutary violence, neither steel nor fire can eradicate the erroneous opinions of the mind."

-Edward Gibbons, The Decline and Fall of The Roman Empire.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, Spring Break was a few weeks ago. Kinda stupid to have Spring Break three weeks before class gets out, donchaknow.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
I wouln't say that anyone who has ceased to post every time you rant has "realized that they couldn't win" Omega. It's more like "oh, great he comes Mr. conservative frontal lobotomy boy who only hits one note over and over and over and over..."
-Jay, July 15, 2000

MC Infinity
Member # 531

- posted      Profile for MC Infinity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you serious? That is so sad, I can't beleive something like that could happen on a holiday.

------------------
"Well if it's gonna be that kind of a party, I'm putting my dick in the mashed potatoes!"

-Nimrod 16/4/2001

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

What? Having school the next day? It's not that big of a thing. 'sides, as I'm so fond of pointing out ... I don't worship, so no loss

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
-Jay, July 15, 2000

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
True. Well, over here, the Easter holidays are two weeks, and are between the Spring and Summer terms. The kids don't break up for summer until July.

Now, for us lucky uni students, I've got another two weeks off. Then I go back for one week of lectures, two weeks of exams, and then three weeks before I get kicked out of halls, where I shall get very, very, very, very drunk. Possibly drunk enough to actually join in a game of football. We'll have to see.

------------------
You know, when Comedy Central asked us to do a Thanksgiving episode, the first thought that went through my mind was, "Boy, I'd like to have sex with Jennifer Aniston."
-Trey Parker, co-creator of South Park

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Why can't you guys call it "soccer" like the rest of the civilized world ... ?

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
-Jay, July 15, 2000

MC Infinity
Member # 531

I'm gonna let you go on that one, because there is a chance you could be joking, but if you weren't please remind me to flame you.

------------------

-Nimrod 16/4/2001

Quatre Winner
Member # 464

- posted      Profile for Quatre Winner         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Easter was SUNDAY?

Ooops.

------------------
In this crazy world of lemons, baby...you're lemonade!

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Joey Ramone died on Easter. Most of us are still waiting for him to come back.

------------------
"For people with resources, the right events happen. They may look like coincidences, but they arise out of necessity." --T�rk Hviid

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fuck Easter. I've finals in two weeks, and like a genius I went home on Holy Thursday - came back yesterday without having done a stroke of study.

Ah. Back in da hood.

------------------
At that point, McDonald fired his gun three times in the air to emphasize his point. The crowd, estimated at 350,000, loudly cheered the new candidate.

"Let me make this clear: I am the law! I am your ruler! And you will have fries with that, motherf*cker!"

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps