Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Whoa Mama!!!!! (parental discretion advised) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Whoa Mama!!!!! (parental discretion advised)
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I ran into this article in a commuter newspaper. Yes, a commuter newspaper that about 500,000 commuters (men women, and teenagers) read every day. They don't have an internet site right now so I decided to write it out here.

Despite all this, I understand that the material here may be somewhat, um, unsuitable, and may be offensive. So you have been warned.

Selling sex toys is just another job

By Jay Godek
Thursday April 26, 2001.

Recently, my colleagues held an intervention for me. No, I'm not an alcoholic. Some people thought I just needed to tell my story, so here it goes.

My name is Jay, and my mom sells dildos for a living.

Not just dildos, mind you. Dildos are plain, even ordinary: these are sex toys. Some of these sex toys can run upwards of $100. She also sells Lingerie, sexual board games, books, phallic shaped pasta, you name it. She works for a larger company and does shows - or parties, as they're usually called - that are like Tupperware parties, only hornier.

Okay, here come the jokes. Does she do home demonstrations? No. Does she try out all the new merchandise when it comes in? No. I've heard them all. Usually, when people find out that my mom sells dildos, I get shocked silence rather than a volley of laughter. It takes a few minutes before the jokes roll in. You know what? It doesn't bother me at all.

Despite what some people might think, being the son of a dildo saleswoman doesn't mean that my living room looks like a burlesque house. We don't have any strange lighting, or fur rugs in the gouse. The only things that might look out of place are the two lingerie bags on their rack with some Rubbermaid tubs underneath where the "products" are stored, all which are completely opaque.

Four or five nights a week, my brother and I help her load up the van. Occasionally, one of the tubs starts vibrating, but we're used to it now. When she comes home, we talk about the party. How much did you sell tonight, mom? Sell any dolphins tonight, mom?

It doesn't bother me anymore, though it did surprise me at first. I mean, my mom was raised in a very Christian family, and even went to Bible college. Her job before this was in food preparation so, of course, I didn't see this at the next step.

One night, she went to a party with some friends, and became immediately interested in being a representative. A few weeks of training later, she was building her own customer base and doing shows all week.

That was about 4 years ago, and she hasn't looked back since. The whole thing was a little awkward at first, since I was at high school at the time. Just imagine having your mom calling all of your friend's moms asking if they would like to host a party. Now, though, I ask my friends if they want to have their own parties. I've even been to a party.

That might seem weird to some people, sitting there with a bunch of people listening to your mother talk about orgasms and clitorises and other un-mom-like things. Now that I've been through that ordeal, nothing bothers me. When the new products come out, it's like a show-and-tell. I know all the products, from the Mini-mite to the Beaded Dolphin. What are those, you ask? The Mini-mite is a small but a powerful toy mainly for clitoral stimulation. The Beaded Dolphin is the Rolls Royce of vibrators. A rotating head, a middle full of beads in gel that vibrate individually, a number of speed settings with flashy lights, and a vibrating dolphin sitting on the top to stimulate the clitoris. Isn't it scary how much I know about that stuff?

Despite all this however, I think I turned out fairly normal. How many other kids, when they were teenagers, had their mothers giving them flavoured condoms before they went out on a date? So what? My mother as a slightly odd job. She's helping people live their lives. She's rebuilding healthy marriages.

I can say it loud and proud.

My name is Jay, and my mom sells dildos for a living.

Jay Godek is a Sheridan College Journalism Graduate

------------------
"In a completely unrelated news story, I have a date tomorrow night."
- Omega, in trying to explain why pigs are now flying, why Microsoft products are now working perfectly, hell freezing over, and George W Bush giving a flawless speech. 04/06/01, 12:17AM

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's completely amoral and disgusting, and contributing to the decay of our society. No-one should ever go to Bible college.

------------------
You know, when Comedy Central asked us to do a Thanksgiving episode, the first thought that went through my mind was, "Boy, I'd like to have sex with Jennifer Aniston."
-Trey Parker, co-creator of South Park

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know about anyone else, but this is the funniest thing i've ever read. ROCK ON DILDO SALESWOMAN'S SON!!!!!

------------------
Signatures are for losers

MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AHHHHHH! You warped my already VERY warped 16 year old mind! hehe

------------------
"We have to get drunk immediately."----Gattaca

IP: Logged
Quatre Winner
Member # 464

- posted      Profile for Quatre Winner         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Wonders if they're gonna have a sale on 6 inch. dildos soon*

------------------
In this crazy world of lemons, baby...you're lemonade!

MC Infinity
Member # 531

- posted      Profile for MC Infinity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see nothing wrong with that, but then again I'm also glad it's not me in his place, my mom works as a Senior Estimator for one of the largest construction companies on the planet, and has worked on things such as the CN tower, SkyDome, etc..

------------------
"Well if it's gonna be that kind of a party, I'm putting my dick in the mashed potatoes!"

-Nimrod 16/4/2001

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tahna, aren't you being a bit too precautious? This was a good article. We have the "tupperware"-parties in Scandinavia as well.
"Unsuitable"? "OFFENSIVE"? Parental discretion be damned, I always say! It's our world now, hahaaaah!!!

Psyliam: Slam_dunk.co.uk

------------------
Don't kill me, I'm charming!

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a friend who's sister actually does those parties. Mainly she has these parties at Army base housing. I wonder why.

[This message has been edited by TLE (edited April 28, 2001).]

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some of you may be familiar with it already, but Word.com has a series called Work that chronicles the daily nine-to-fives of many people, with jobs both mundane and eccentric. Unfortunately, it's somewhat hampered by an interface that tends to be too avant-garde for its own good. Still, it's worth checking out.

------------------
OH NO< THE OLD MAN WALKS HIS GREEN DOG THAT SHOTS PINBALLS!~!!!
--
Jeff K
Read three (three!) chapters of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet" and nothing at all will happen.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Unfortunately, it's somewhat hampered by an interface that tends to be too avant-garde for its own good."

You know, I get the feeling that could almost describe Sol. Especially around the ladies.

------------------
You know, when Comedy Central asked us to do a Thanksgiving episode, the first thought that went through my mind was, "Boy, I'd like to have sex with Jennifer Aniston."

MC Infinity
Member # 531

- posted      Profile for MC Infinity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My latest succes on Earth 2025

Your brigade returns from battle, having defeated Redneck with an attitude (#91)!
Your army lost 9644 Troops, and your enemy lost 6129 Troops.
Your army overran 314 civilians and captured 0 bushels of food!

------------------
"Well if it's gonna be that kind of a party, I'm putting my dick in the mashed potatoes!"

-Nimrod 16/4/2001

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well now, that was random.

------------------
Signatures are for losers

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Now, I could pretend that he was going to suppossed to put that in the StarCraft thread. But that'd be too easy. So instead, I'll assume that he was so overwhelmed by my Incredible parallel to Simon (I = The Ace Man), that his brain melted. Yes.

------------------

MC Infinity
Member # 531

I tried to copy and paste something off of the site, but instead it posted my latest attack, so i decided to write about that instead.

------------------

-Nimrod 16/4/2001

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
w007! w007!

Dildos, Sol's Penis AND completely useless random Terran Domination! CAN THIS THREAD GET ANY BETTER?

------------------
"...he got a mind control car from a great menace named Euri and they began conquest! THE RED MENANCE~ so yuo have too fight back and destroy teh RED TIDE before it destroys the AMERICAN!!! PS: The russiens also took over Texas and thats good becuase Texans need to have robots with missales shoved up there butts anyways (texans are the worst evar)."

-JEFF K.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps