Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » I'm looking for songs... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: I'm looking for songs...
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Crimson Tide" Main Theme (Naval Hymn) and "Gladiator" Barbarian Encounter... both masterpieces IMHO.

------------------
"Cry havoc and let's slip the dogs of Evil"

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're real horn-heavy. A lot of the stuff from "Cowboy Bebop" would be great for y'all if you can find a backup guitarist &/or bassist....which shouldn't be difficult given all the poser HS bands that pop up.

I can't make MIDIs (why would anyone WANT MIDIs anyway?)...but I CAN burn CDs & post them out.

------------------
"'I don't CARE who started it, I'm tired, and I WANT QUIET!!!!! Or I'm going to come up there and flatten the BOTH of you!' And he meant it. And we'd stop. Or he would." --Foreign policy as laid down by First of Two's dad

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's a song out there for Symphonic Band called "Star Trek Through the Years".... it's got everything in it, up to Generations.... we played it my ninth grade year, and then again my Sr. year, with the conductore dedicating it to me. Other than that, I don't know what to tell you to play..... you're not quite at the ROn Nelson level yet, are you? Once you are, THEN we'll talk

~LOA

------------------
"Apprently, "pooty" involves deities and pretty girls in compromising positions..." ~TSN Jan. 18th, 2001

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For Tom

[ June 18, 2001: Message edited by: Omega ]

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Omega
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I just turned in my final list of suggestions for my final semester in band. It's a conglomorate of most of the songs I've ever submitted.

Back to the Future
Batman
Palladio
Duel of the Fates
Jurassic Park
'Little' Fugue in G Minor (Bach)
John Williams' Olympic Fanfare
Sing, Sing, Sing
Bach's Sixth Brandenburg Concerto, Third Movement
Star Trek 4
Still, Still, Still
Terminator
This Land (The Lion King)
The Trial (Chrono Trigger)
'92 Barcelona Olympics Theme
'94 Winter Olympics Theme
A Whole New World
Apollo 13
Battlestar Galactica
Dueling Banjos
Star Trek: First Contact
Star Trek: Generations
Star Trek: The Inner Light Suite
Star Trek: Through the Years
Ghostbusters
Raiders' March (Indiana Jones)
Mr. Holland's Opus
The Simpsons
The Final Countdown
The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly
The Neverending Story
Cheers
The Last Starfighter
Istanbul (TMBG arrangement)

That's enough songs to hold us for the next three years. Maybe she'll use one of them.

--------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is that the extended Cheers version? The one that takes what is already the best sit-com theme ever, and improves it by adding the great line...

"And your husband wants to be...a girl".

If you're having Chrono Trigger, why not try some of the Final Fantasy pieces? Aeris' theme from FFVII is beautful, and should be really easy to do. There's loads of midi files too.

Oh, and witch Batman theme is that? The "Na na na na" 60s one (funny), the firsty two movie and cartoon Danny Elfman one (brilliant, but bloody hard), or the last two movies one (eh, okay)?

"The Libery Belle", if you want a classic, traditional march that's also the theme to Monty Python. I think everyone knows it already though.

Howsabout John Williams "Olympic Spirit". It's very good, if hard. There's a good medley arrangement out there that has Raiders, the Imperial March, and then The Olympic Spirit. It sounds good.

There's also a really, really good Star Wars arrangement for wind band out there that you could possibly adapt. It's quite hard, but it has the main theme, the rebel theme, Yoda's Theme, The Imperial March, Leia's Theme, and the Throne Room Finale. The segue (however you spell it) from Yoda's theme to the Imperial March is quality.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why would you pick the Simpsons? That song isn't even 2 minutes long...

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Omega
Member # 91

*L*

I think we HAVE that SW medley, actually. We had to drop it last semester because the trumpets and saxes couldn't get it together.

Or are you talking about the piano duet MIDI I have? It's cool, too. Extremely cool.

It's the Elfman Batman, the one from the first two movies. Opens "dum, duM dUM DAAH, DAAHH, DAAHHHH".

Hmm... Olympic Spirit?

*finds, downloads, and listens to an absurdly large MIDI*

Cool beans!

As for the Simpsons, it's just cool.

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would certainly agree w/ Liam's suggestion of the MPFC theme. (Un)fortunately, there are enough people in this country who probably don't even know who Monty Python are, that the song wouldn't be very recognizable.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The SW thing wasn't a paino duet. It had some absurdley hard runs for the clarinets and saxes. Quite handily though, if you wanted a short version you could simply start from the Throne Room finale.

There's a few other Olympic marches Williams has done. I think the Olympic Spirit is the one with the cool Trumpet fanfare.

While Tim's right that a lot of American's might not have seen Monty Python, Sousa is the most famous writer of march music ever. Surely the Libery Belle has some fame over there?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'Faith of the Heart'?

*ducks*

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Liam: I don't think so. I had never heard it before I started watching MPFC. But, then, that might just be me.

Anyway, my point was that people wouldn't recognize it as "the theme song from that silly old Brit show".

The Talented Mr. Gurgeh
Member # 318

- posted      Profile for The Talented Mr. Gurgeh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the Stargate theme would be very good, it has quite a lot of horns and trumpets etc, but you'd probably have to substitute something else in for the violins.

--------------------
"Out of doubt, out of dark to the day's rising
I came singing in the sun, sword unsheathing.
To hope's end I rode and to heart's breaking:
Now for wrath, now for ruin and a red nightfall!"

The Battle of the Pelennor Fields.

Omega
Member # 91

Well, my final semester has started. Out of the 35 or so songs I sugested, she used two! Which is one more than any other senior got. [Smile]

"Raider's March", from "Raiders of the Lost Ark", and "'Little' Fugue in G Minor", by Bach.

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seeing as your homeschooled, how do you have a band?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps