Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Defusing a bomb ... (TWINE - n64)

Author Topic: Defusing a bomb ... (TWINE - n64)
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey folks. Anyone play "The World Is Not Enough" for N64? Need some help on the fourth stage. Once I've gone through the subway station and whacked all the terrorists and located the bomb, I'm constantly blowing myself (well, Bond) into tiny little pieces of shredded flesh. I'm using the Bomb Defuser kit -- am I trying to defuse it too fast, like Q's warning, or what?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LMAO!!!!! Yeah. I play "The World Is Not Enough." I rented it once before and my brother and I got to the last level before we had to return it. Damn it. And we were so close. Anyways. About the bomb. The first time my brother and I messed with it we blew ourselves up, but we figured it out by the second time how to do it. Now. I'm gonna explain this in a way that even an cretin like you could understand.

Either in the lower right hand corner or the lower left hand corner there will be an indicator box with a blue bar and right below that a blank space.

The blue bar indicates how close you are to defusing the bomb. The blank space under it is room for a red bar that will start growing as you are defusing the bomb. If the red bar get's all the way to the edge of the indicator box, your dead.

Now as you are defusing the bomb, the red bar will grow longer. Once it gets near the edge of the indicator box STOP what you're doing and let it go back down a bit. Once you do that continue defusing the bomb. Once again if the red bar get's close to the edge STOP and let it go down a bit again.

The blue bar, as stated above, indicates how close you are to defusing the bomb. The blue bar will get smaller and smaller as you are defusing the bomb. Once the blue bar disappears completly you should get a "bomb defused" message or something like that.

You will need to get to the bomb as fast as possible because there really is no way you can defuse it successfully if you have 30 seconds left before it explodes. My brother and I can usally get to it and have a full 2 minutes to diffuse it. That's plenty of time!

Hope ths helps. TWINE will get a LOT more difficult from there on out. Trust me. The game is unforgiving.

IP: Logged
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very cool, thanks for the tip, MIB.

I can usually get to the bomb with about 3 minutes to spare ... gotta love a shotgun set to auto.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While we're on the subject...how does it compare with GoldenEye (my favorite game ever)?

Same-old, or a good new challenge?

--------------------
I have a dream that this nation will lay down that boogie and play that funky music till we die. So let freedom ring from the Hollywood sign in Tinseltown. Let freedom ring from the Sears Tower in the Windy City. Let freedom ring from Lady Liberty, that fine piece of ass up in Gotham. Let freedom ring from the neon desert of Sin City. Let freedom ring from the French Quarter in the Big Easy. When we let freedom ring from every ghetto and every slum, every 'burb and every 'hood, we will be able to speed up that day when all children of the atom, mutants and non-mutants, the old school and the new wave, SuperFriends and the Power Puff Girls, will join hands and sing in the words of that James Brown classic: "He ain't no drag--Papa's got a brand new bag! Ungh! Good God!"
-- Tatsuya Ishida, President, CEO and Revolutionary.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

It's pretty cool -- the MI-6 level (#2) is kind of close to the Facility Level, in that you get to run around and gun people down. They kept pretty close to the functions of GoldenEye, and I think this game DEFINITLY tops it ...

But not as far as Multi-player is concerned. If you want to play Bond Multi-player, stick with GoldenEye. You've got no levels to top the Complex in TWINE, and that, sadly, is sad.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

MIB
Ex-Member

To Jeff: Oh yeah! The shotgun is one of my favorite weapons in TWINE!! You also gotta love the anti-aircraft missle launcher you get to use later in the game. (I hope I din't spoil things for you.)

To Gaseous anomily: hmmmm. The graphics are FAR better than Goldeneye and another plus is that the charactors actually talk so you don't have to read the captioning when you should be concentrating on the terrorists that are trying to kill you. I also have to disagree with Jeff when it comes to multi-player. IMO, I think it's better than the Goldeneye multi-player. The main reason for this is that you have the option of playing along side a friend against 1 or 2 AIs. With Goldeneye, you can only play AGAINST your friend. Although. Fragging your friend is loads of fun too!

Goldeneye, however, does have this vintage feel that TWINE really doesn't have if ya know what I'm saying.

One thing that kind of ticks me off about BOTH games is that the doors can't be blown up. I mean what kind of door can stand up to a dozen grenades? If someone make a third bond game for N64, I hope they will make doors destructable. If you can't find the key, and if you have a spare grenade, why not?

In related news. The next Bond movie will be Pierce Brosman's (did I spell his name right?) last. I've heard three possibilities for who will play Bond after Brosman has left.

Rustle Crow
Robie Williams
And I forget who the third guy was. He is a black actor and he appeared in movies like What Dreams May Come and....damn it....I can't think of the names of the other movies he was in. I do know that Roger Moore suggested that it was time for a black Bond, namely this guy. Damn it! His name is on the tip of my tougne......

[ June 07, 2001: Message edited by: MIB ]

[ June 07, 2001: Message edited by: MIB ]

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cuba Gooding Jr? Not 'cold' enough.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Whoever he is, the actor will be British. Not American. I think the Bond films will keep that trend up.

Adrian Paul would be a good idea, methinks.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TWINE beats GoldenEye for multi, bottom line. Whenever my buds and I get together we always blast each other with TWINE. Gotta live the AT-420 SENTINEL set to auto... Mwahaha!

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

MIB
Ex-Member

What about my favorite weapon of them all. If I recall correctly it was called the M-60. It provides alot of stopping power, but the downside is that it can burn through alot of ammo in a very short period of time. I still love it though!
Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MIB: You can play with teams in GoldenEye -only yesterday, I made shit out two friends of mine:

Facility and Power Weapons, and I know the level really well. 14 kills to their feeble combined score of 2! It's deadly craic when they actually scream as you tear their computerised arses open with an RCP-90

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

I think MIB means that in TWINE, you can play against AI players, but you can't in GoldenEye.

Frankly, I don't like the AI player. He's predictible. I prefer playing against real people. Although, in the "Fire Cavern" level in TWINE ... (if you know of which I speak), if you can find the cave with the water (lava?) flow waterfall thingy, jump to the top of the waterfall, and you're hidden by shadows. You can pick off opponents as they enter that cave.

The Facility level ... eh ... it's not that great for Multi (IMHO). The Complex is an awesome stage to play, simply because there's always mulitple ways out of every room, and it's hard to box in the enemy. It's a fantastic level!

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

MIB
Ex-Member

In Goldeneye, my brother prefers the library or the goldeneye base. Preferably with automatics or explosive weapons.

[ June 08, 2001: Message edited by: MIB ]

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps