Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Rainbow Six

Author Topic: Rainbow Six
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got Rainbow Six for N64. I love the game, whether I'm storming that Hacienda, or flying through the Capital building capping terrorists and tossing frags around corners.

As much fun as Bond's multiplayer is, there's something compelling about Rainbow Six's cooperative mode of play. As much fun as it is to play AGAINST a friend, it's just as fun to kick in one door while your friend is storming the place from a different entry.

I must admit, again, that I love the Hacienda. Give both teams heavy wooded camo and frags. Red team gets CAR-15s, while Blue team gets a shotgun (with it's user getting extra primary ammo) and a silenced MP5SD5.

Switching to night vision, Red team moves up the hill and eliminates the two Tangos on the ground by the gate, and the Tango on the second-level porch. Red teams skirts to the right (towards the Hacienda's courtyard) and takes out the Tango patrolling in this area.

Blue teams goes into movement now, heading for the shack to the left of the gate. Once inside, Blue team moves into position to strafe to the right into the backroom and take out the Tango. Once completed, Blue team leaves the hostage in the shack and proceeds to the exterior door at the kitchen. Kicking in the door, Blue team throws a frag grenade to clear out the room before entering.

Once the kitchen has been cleared, Blue team checks the dining room and the breezeway around the kitchen. Checking each room on the way to the basement, Blue team eliminates any Tangos found, finally tossing one frag into the room to the left of the basement entry. Proceeding into that room, Blue team clears any Tangos and races up the stairs to the upper level. Opening the door to the porch, Blue team strafes to the left to take out the Tango on the opposing porch.

Returning to the main level, Blue team tosses a frag down the stairs to the basement. Once it has exploded, Blue team proceeds down those stairs, and tosses another frag into the basement proper. Usually, one of the two Tangos in the basement will come and investigate the first frag (which blows the doors off), and gets taken out by the second frag.

Entering the basement (with night-vision on), Blue team locates any surviving Tangos (two, maximum) and eliminates them, then proceeds to the entrance of the basement and waits for Red team.

Red team now approaches the courtyard, and enters the room across from that one cleared out by Blue team. Kicking in the door, and strafing in, they can take out the Tango in the corner. Proceeding up the stairs with caution, Red team throws in a frag grenade then charges in to eliminate Senor Calderon (if he survived the frag -- a possibility if he is on the far side of the bed).

Once the top room has been cleaned, Red team returns to the main floor and proceeds up the hallway to the living room, cleaning out any Tangos with frags or by strafing. Once every Tango has been killed, the mission ends.

Are there any plans for "Rogue Spear" to be released in an N64 version ... ? If not, I'll probably pick it up for the PC ...

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rainbow Six is availale for N64!?!?!? That's news to me. Sounds like fun!
IP: Logged
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its sequal (Rogue Spear) is even better, although I still play R6 now and then... it's a fantastic game, requiring tactics (ergo: thinking twice before you charge into an area, as one bullet could mean your death) yet the pace is high enough to not loose interest. Multiplayer is an absolute blast, similar to Counterstrike, but more pulse-pounding
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Playing Rainbow Six on an N64 is like running Photoshop on UNIVAC.
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Same with Starcraft for N64, I'd imagine. That game sucks on anything other than computer...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a control issue, really. I'm not knocking console games in general. Goldeneye, to use an example mentioned elsewhere, is brilliant, and an exception to the rule I am about to give: These sorts of shooters really demand something like a mouse-keyboard setup.
Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*scoots in*

Sol: the reason for that is because GoldenEye has no sections where a villain can shoot you from above, except on stairwells. There's no Ogres flipping grenades on yer noggin in that game.

Jeff: get WinBack, it's more of the same I hear.

I'm only after finishing the book by Clancy - it's not that great.

*scoots off*

The Talented Mr. Gurgeh
Member # 318

- posted      Profile for The Talented Mr. Gurgeh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got Rainbow Six for the playstation because it was cheap, but it's kind of crap. The graphics are extremely dull, and not very smooth, and the control system is brutal. Should a special forces member have trouble walking through a doorway? I don't THINK SO!!

The PC is by far the best platform for first person shooters, but if the console peripheral manufacturers could develop a single device with a mouse and keypad (say, the directional keys and a few other buttons), the consoles could compete.

--------------------
"Out of doubt, out of dark to the day's rising
I came singing in the sun, sword unsheathing.
To hope's end I rode and to heart's breaking:
Now for wrath, now for ruin and a red nightfall!"

The Battle of the Pelennor Fields.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps