Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Do you like legos and Mech Commander? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Do you like legos and Mech Commander?
USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MIB: in response to your earlier query...the name is probably Lao Hu, which makes sense since that's tiger in mandarin. However, don't take my word for it, since i'm not that "down" with mech commander.

[ June 11, 2001: Message edited by: USS Vanguard ]

--------------------
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger,
Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die."-Mel Brooks

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But, dialectally, each brick has become known as a "Lego". Just like it may be more correct to say that, when one has a headache, one is going to take a "Tylenol capsule", but people still just say they're going to take a "Tylenol". Same concept.
Doctor Jonas
Member # 481

- posted      Profile for Doctor Jonas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, ask the guys at The Lego Group, mounting an information campaign to be sure that their brand is used correctly when mentioned.

And Lego comes from the Danish "Leg Godt", which means "play well". Curiously, it's also a conjugation of the Latin verb "legare", to join, to unite.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Look. We invented the language. We would never say "Lego". We are right. Guv'ner.

[ June 11, 2001: Message edited by: PsyLiam ]

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shik: Those aren't classic Transformers being bought back. Basically, to save money, Hoasbro is just bringing over the Japanese "Car Robots" line, which was their TF line for 2000-2001. And they are dubbing the Japanese anime (since that sort of thing is popular these days).

The toys are pretty cool though. Here are the two biggest Autobot/Cybertron (as they are called in Japan) toys, and what they will be called in the US:

Fire Convoy/Optimus Prime

God Magnus/Ultra Magnus

AND! If that wasn't enough, they combine to form this monster.

I own all these. Because I am cool. Yes. You heard me. Cool. Rar!

And now I have actually fixed the link to point to God Magnus.

[ June 12, 2001: Message edited by: PsyLiam ]

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

And then I posted something silly, and deleted it.

[ June 11, 2001: Message edited by: PsyLiam ]

--------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Function: Flaming Supreme Commander

And I always thought Optimus was just really sensitive.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After that, I'm afraid to even think about any more theories as to where he sticks his trailer while in robot mode...
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps