Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Tahna's Favorite Show has Star Trek syndrome

Author Topic: Tahna's Favorite Show has Star Trek syndrome
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I'm speaking of Law & Order.

First, we've got the long running Law & Order. What is it -- ten years and counting now? Wow!

Two years ago, Law & Order got it's own spin-off: Law & Order: SVU. A refreshing change of pace. While Law & Order was all about the formula (1/2 an hour to solve a crime, 1/2 an hour to prosecute), SVU stuck to more traditional storylines.

Now, Law & Order is getting ANOTHER spin-off! "Criminal Intent", where we apparently get to try and solve the crime AHEAD of our hero detectives.

So, Tahna ... happy?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too love law and order. And i am very happy. I'm also very happy L&O is guaranteed to air until 2005. HEHE.

Its very refreshing to see a show that has run so long continue to put up relatively good ratings and more importantly quality shows. I mean come one, let's admit it, with the possible exception of the simpsons, how many long running shows are still "in their prime". X-Files sure isn't.

[ June 13, 2001: Message edited by: USS Vanguard ]

--------------------
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger,
Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die."-Mel Brooks

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh... I hate to break it to you, but neither is "The Simpsons"...
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Simpsons did have a slump a few years ago, true, but I think it pulled out of it.

I'd say the main reason why people are disatisfied with the Simpsons is over-familiarity. Look at the success of Futurama. Same writers, same joke, but oh so much more fresh. Like summer goodness.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SMACK

SMACK

SMACK

SMACK

SMACK

Oh geez......

I don't watch SVU. Some of its contents are ...... rather disturbing. I just like the original. Jack McCoy Rocks.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All shows have slumps. Usually shows...ESPECIALLY Sitcoms, can't last more than a few seasons without falling into one...and they don't always pull out of it. Of course L&O isn't a sit com. But to pull out of one is pretty impressive. Actually come to think of it. L&O have had some slumps as well. ah well.

--------------------
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger,
Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die."-Mel Brooks

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Like summer goodness."

At first, I read that as "Like summer goddess.". But the thread I read right before this was the sexual innuendo/blatancy one, so perhaps that's understandable...

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heh.

Tahna's favorite shrink (you know, the girl from 1100101) made a guest appearance on Law & Order: SVU last night ...

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Say again?

Dr. Olivet?

She's ok. Skoda is much better than she is.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Two questions for Tahna:
    1.- Jack and Doc Olivet: Think it ever happened?
    2.- It's his hair isn't it?

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps