Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Because we're young and insane, and we're running away for the summer.

Author Topic: Because we're young and insane, and we're running away for the summer.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like to gloat, occasionally. I still have my Student of the Year plaque hanging on the wall from fifth grade. Not that I think I'm special or anything. I was just the smartest fifth grader in the history of the world.

But I don't want to get carried away. That's never good. I wouldn't, for instance, be interested in starting a whole thread about how 165 years and one day after the Battle of Waterloo a boy who was me happened to be born. I wouldn't want to be pretentious about it.

But, of course, I do, I would, and I would again.

This is getting out of hand already, I think, so here is a brief Q & A session:

Q: What's so different about being 21? It's just an age. Another year scratched off your lifespan. 20 seems like a bigger number, really, as far as changing numbers go. 19 to 20. 20 to 21. It's not as big of a leap, really.

A: Obviously, you've never been me when I've turned 21. No fault of your own, of course. I never have been either. But you see, 21, aside from the social meaning attached, is a date inside the 20 continuum. You see? I'm not just 20 now. I'm in my twenties. That is frightening and painful.

Q: What did you get?

A: I got a shirt and some money from my parents, a card from Slovakia, and a book from Tora Ziyal. Not to mention several birthday greetings from all of you. Thanks. I also got yet another reason for existential angst. Frankly, I'm tired of it already, but that doesn't appear to be a factor that is being taken into consideration.

Q: Are you done yet, moron? Idiot! Loser! Horrible, horrible, horrible person I hate!

A: Yes.

Q: I really love you, of course.

A: I love everything.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sheesh. What a spaz.

On a more serious note, today is Paula Abdul's birthday. What did you do to celebrate? I commerated it by turning 21, a tradition I began several years ago but which has been rather pointless until today.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are entertaining and scary.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I masturbated violently in the symbolic shrinal gesture of Simon "No Thanks...I'm Already Super-Sized" Sizer. As we all should.

Move pants. For great member.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

Good.
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My girlfriend got a seat on the Tube and I didn't. "Great," I thought, "I can look down her top in an obvious manner." Then I realised I couldn't because of the cut of the top. While she proceeded to spend the whole journey casting suggestive glances at my groin area. Little minx.

Anyway, I shall be joining the throngs in that square in the Vatican to celebrate Simon's birthday, eagerly awaiting the moment when the man himself joins the Pope on the balcony, thereby blocking out the sun with his enormous appendage. 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh his ego!

His horrible all consuming ego!!

It must be fed.

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mind you, a birthday card from the whole of Slovakia? Given how large it'd have to be to fit all their names (and they all have really long ones, with hardly any vowels), I doubt ANYONE will be seeing the sun today. 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard they signed the back of a 1:1 scale map for him......

Each decade brings that many more memories is all... and for me, a few less hairs on my noggin....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well congrats, guy.
21, one of the last birthdays where getting older still feels good.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of the last?

The last was 19. It's been downhill from there.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps