Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Remember when I asked about the Japanese reusable space craft in the Buran post?

Author Topic: Remember when I asked about the Japanese reusable space craft in the Buran post?
MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dukhat said that it was still on the drawing board, but apparently the Japanese are WAY further along than that! They just finished their second limited flight test! Kick ass. Here's a website.

http://www.isas.ac.jp/e/new/release/2001/06_01.html

IP: Logged
MC Infinity
Member # 531

- posted      Profile for MC Infinity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go Japan!!! Any country that is capable of showing up the USA, is okay in my book!

--------------------
Me- Hi Jen! What's up!
Jen- You again??!?! Listen kid, I'm not interested in you. Stop bothering me, I'm a lot older than you and I have a boyfriend. How did you find my ICQ number anyways?
Me- Oh, so just cuz you're a movie star now, and you're new album made millions, you think you're too good for me?
Jen- Yes!!! Get it thorough your head! I am a person, I am not Jennifer Lopez the hottest woman on earth that everyone wants to sleep with, I'm a person, leave me alone!!!
Me- Fine! Be that way!
Me- Jen.... Where'd you go.... I love you... please come back.... please....

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Soon to be available at a grocery store checkout counter near you, I imagine.
MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MC Infinity:
Go Japan!!! Any country that is capable of showing up the USA, is okay in my book!

Exactly my thought. You know when a company has little/no competition that company can do whatever it wants to its customers and there is not a damn thing they can do about it. I think it's the same case with countries.......

[ July 09, 2001: Message edited by: MIB ]

IP: Logged
Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool! I live here in J-Land, but this wasn't covered in any of the crappy English-languages papers that I read. Thanks!
The Talented Mr. Gurgeh
Member # 318

- posted      Profile for The Talented Mr. Gurgeh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool, if you got a remote control for it you could play "Lander"!

--------------------
"Out of doubt, out of dark to the day's rising
I came singing in the sun, sword unsheathing.
To hope's end I rode and to heart's breaking:
Now for wrath, now for ruin and a red nightfall!"

The Battle of the Pelennor Fields.

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm. I was totally unaware of this development in Japanese aerospace. All I knew was that the Japanese had a reuseable space plane in development on the drawing board, but that it never got off the ground, so to speak. Of course, I had heard the same thing about the Chinese, but no real reliable information was forthcoming with that other than the Shen Zhou space capsule project.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps