Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » I'm leaving...

Author Topic: I'm leaving...
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
for Hawaii on August 1st for a 15 day vacation. I plan to do some scuba diving, see the sights, whatever else comes along. Where I'm staying has internet access so I might try to check in the forums so I don't get way behind.

Lately though the one thing that really is bothering me is my plane crashing. I've flown several times without worrying about it. I blame it on the scene in the beginning of Final Destination. Also watching Cast Away the other night didn't help. Regardless, should I not post after 16 days... well it was nice knowing you. It occurs to me that if something should happen to me that you would never know. Missing Flare members like Garak, Baloo, and others made me think of that. I know that probably sounds stupid, but well, I felt like saying it anyway.

So anyways... cya when I get back, or if I come on over there.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had that same feeling last time I was about to fly. Preflight jitters, I guess, nothing more.
Ride the waves for me, deuude!

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aloha!

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hawaii! If there's anything I want to do in this life, it's to go on vacation to that paradise on Earth.

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Final Destination
Cast Away
Millenium
Alive

... and so on ...

Okay, I'll stop......

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Executive Decision
Con Air
Passenger 57
Die Hard 2
Airport 1, '75, '77, and '79
Turbulence 1, 2, 3

Forget abotut the plane crashing...

--------------------
Meh

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Twilight Zone!

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hawaii on the off-season. Yay.

"Everytime the plane turned or banked a little too sharply, I'd PRAY for a midair collision to happen. Life insurance pays off triple if you die on a business trip." --The Narrator, "Fight Club"

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jack.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Air Force One

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, no ...

Ed Norton's character was named "Jack" in Fight Club.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Fructose
Member # 309

- posted      Profile for Fructose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pah...I fly all the time in a plane older than me, and I don't worry one bit. We do stuff that would make the average passenger wet his pants. It's a blast! And Hawaii's great. There is nor reall 'off' season there. It's lovely year round.

--------------------
It doesn't matter if you don't know what you're doing as long as you look good doing it.

www.ericksmodels.com

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We're having hotter weather than Hawaii at the moment, so to you sir, I say "Ha!"

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"No, no" yourself, Bubba. Edward Norton's character never had a name, not even in the book. He was simply "The Narrator." The "Jack" moniker comes from the whole "I am Jack's..comPLETE..lack of surprise" line...which of course was from the stories that he found in the house.

Remember Marla & the card? "It doesn't have your NAEM on it. Who ARE you, anyway? Rupert? CorNELius? Travis? ANY of the stupid names you give each week?"

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You lye!

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps