Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Anticipation is killing me

Author Topic: Anticipation is killing me
bear
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for bear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This may be a little juvenile but...I can't wait till TNG is on TNN....nah...na...nah...na..nah

Ok....I just had to get that off my chest.

--------------------
Access Password
47at
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Stargate/9268/index.html

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not happy about it. Because of the licensing, WPIX no longer airs it at 0300 & 0400. Now there's no reason to watch TV late nights since I've seen all the "Law & Order" episodes.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

bear
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for bear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My sincere condolences, but for an individual that hasn't seen TNG in about two years I am ecstatic.

--------------------
Access Password
47at
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Stargate/9268/index.html

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was just sitting down to watch TNN's airing of TMP when the screen went black. After a few minutes a Bell ExpressVu message came onscreen saying that it was blacked out due to licensing issues in Canada. You see, SPACE currently owns the rights to all Trek shows and movies in Canada. And they're going to be airing Enterprise, too.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess it's all right. I get TNN (The National Network) on the cable system at home. However, I live in the dorms 6 days out of the week. And TNN is not one of the channels we get. So, it really means nothing to me at this point since I can't watch TNG or the movies. On the other hand, I may not be able to watch Enterprise either if my work shifts overlap the time it comes on.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mmm....UPN on cable, TNN on cable and satellite....party at my from 9-26-01 to 10-01-01!

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Obi Juan
Who's your master?
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for Obi Juan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now I always thought that TNN was The Nashville Network. Old Hee Haw reruns and such. Did they change the name and mainstream it, or is this a completely different network?

--------------------
"Existence is random. Has no pattern save what we imagine after staring at it too long. No meaning save what we choose to impose. This rudderless world is not shaped by vague metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It?s us. Only us."
Rorschach

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It used to be The Nashville Network. They did indeed run Hee Haw, The Dukes of Hazzard, the Grand Ole Oprey, etc. I think it was just this past year or so that they changed to The National Network. In doing so, they got the rights to Star Trek. However, in my mind, I'm always going to think of it as a country hillbilly station. And with Star Trek being on it, I'm going to remember that one scene from The Critic where Jay Sherman is watching TV and a clip from Hee Haw: The Next Generation comes on.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TNN's entire makeover is dependant upon Star Trek, or so it seems. They're showing the films constantly, and are planning some huge TNG-athon thing. They also have, over credits for things or just inbetween programs, some interviews/comments by "ordinary" folks that, I am ashamed to say, make me squirm. Talking about how Picard's family was not into the whole Starfleet thing is fine here. On national television, its a bit odd.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, I think I caught one of them while I was in the US. I'm sure it was a quick clip of one of the authors (possibly the Reeves-Stevens, or whatever their names are).

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TNN has picked up things like WWF Raw is War, Baywatch to try their image to "Pop". They plan to pick up a lot of other stuff along the way.

And the Reeves-Stevens have been doing little snipets that describe the various TNG characters, although so far they have only done Picard, Riker, Worf, and Troi.

Something I read today said that TNN Labor Day Trek-A-Thon of all 5 of the movies they own, was the highest ratings TNN has ever had for a single day since the network was created.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps