Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Adult Swim

Author Topic: Adult Swim
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was just wondering if anyone has seen Cartoon Networks new "adults only" block? I don't get it (poor little Brit me), but Harvey Birdman: Attourney sounds good (especially if he's going to be Scooby and Shaggy's attourney for their drug-possession case). And new Space Ghost is always going to be good, although I heard someone say that the only difference is that he now says "damn", which confuses me, as Lokar said "crap" a couple of times in the original run, and Zorak called SG a "Bloody Imperlialist fool" too.

So, er, any thoughts?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard it's shite. I was interested in watching for "Cowboy Bebop," but in the first episode, they completely removed a drug-induced killing frenzy. That's like 5 minutes of footage right there which totally ruined the layout & plot.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh, I don't know about you, but I certainly saw a drug induced slaughter. How could you miss it? *L* (Yeah, they obviously cut out a lot of the details & potential gore, but this IS American TV after all...)

The block is.. eh.. OK. Not spectacular, but not complete crap.

[ September 09, 2001: Message edited by: Charles Capps ]

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What was the best thing on it? I've heard lots of people slagging off Home Movies (of course, these people also fail to see the pun-tastic genius that is Sheep, so they're obviously mad).

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Home Movies is.... comical, but not in the ha-ha-funny way... more in the subtle "heh" way...

The modernization/adaptation of the 70s-era style shows range from horrid to bizarre in a funny way... Off beat.

Space Ghost has gotten even more out there in its latest incarnation...

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

More out there than most of the male cast telling Space Ghost that they think they're pregnent (to soap opera style music)?

Actually, the beginning of that episode is one of the funniest things I've ever seen. Not many shows can fit in "A Stolen Treasure Map", "The Clock is ticking, Mr President", "I need 50ccs of antedopamine, stat!", "I'm Moltar", "No, I'M Moltar", "A Stolen Treasure Map", and some shots of a car chase in the first 30 seconds of an episode.

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps