Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

This topic has been transferred to this forum: The Flameboard.     next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » 2 planes just hit the world trade center in new york (Page 18)

This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18   
Author Topic: 2 planes just hit the world trade center in new york
Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
There's a non-sequitor if I ever heard one. Nuclear submarines didn't stop these attacks, either. Should we cut funding for those? Or how 'bout we scuttle all the aircraft carriers? They didn't do much good against these attacks, either.

Funding for the Mint didn't help either. Nor did funding for the White House janitorial staff.

Things are supposed to do what they are designed to do, and your examples are prime examples of the non sequitur you keep calling other people on.

The so called missile shield is supposed to stop potential nuclear, or other missile attacks on the United States.

Tuesday's events showed a determined foe doesn't need a missile to launch an attack. In other words, this missile shield has so many holes in it that sea sponges are jealous.

The missile shield, the Maginot Line of American policy, is usless.

[ September 15, 2001: Message edited by: Jay the Obscure ]

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, it's not, because it will stop missiles. I consider that a very good and worthy use. How 'bout you?

your examples are prime examples of the non sequitur you keep calling other people on.

Yes, and that's exactly why I used them as examples. It's called "sarcasm".

Tuesday's events showed a determined foe doesn't need a missile to launch an attack.

*gasp*

He DOESN'T? You mean there are other ways to attack someone BESIDES NUCLEAR MISSILES???
No kidding, Jay. A missile shield is designed to stop missiles. Nothing else. This incident has nothing to do with missiles, and is thus not related to the concept of a missile shield.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sigh. Here we go again...

-Missile shield is supposed to stop incoming ICBM's. Nothing else. However...

-...Missile shield is technically flawed and could only stop a handful in any scenario. Also easily overwhelmed. Besides...

-...Any rogue state would think twice before launching ICBM's since it would mean (M!)AD. Therefore...

-...Only one credible threat left; terrorists attacking with nukes. But...

-...Terrorists wouldn't use missiles to deliver them. They would put 'm in trucks, boats, and planes. So...

-...Missile shield is total waste of money and would collect dust after being completed.

Did I manage to penetrate that 5 inch thick concrete wall that's in front of your head, Omega? Nah, probably not.

[ September 15, 2001: Message edited by: IDIC ]

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*sigh*

I tried to be reasonable and present something calmly. Too bad it's such a hot button issue.

Take the rest of the SDI stuff to the Flameboard.

[ September 15, 2001: Message edited by: Jay the Obscure ]

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's great, it starts with an earthquake, something and something and Lenny Bruce is not afraid.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"...something and something and..." == "...birds and snakes, an aeroplane..."

[ September 16, 2001: Message edited by: TSN ]

This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps