Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Who is Attacking Afghanistan? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Who is Attacking Afghanistan?
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good. It's about TIME we 'got scary' with these cretins.

Long live the opposition party. May they bring the whole thing crashing down upon the Taliban's heads.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unfortunately, that's unlikely. Various opposition movements have been backed by the U.S., to little or no avail. Overthrowing the Taliban is unlikely to be a policy goal. Having said that, should it ultimately be decided that this is where the blame rests, I can see a series of airstrikes against all sorts of targets, and perhaps troops being sent in to root out the locations of known terrorist camps.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To add:

Once we know, without a doubt, who was behind this attack and who we want to go after.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hm. Should it be found that they're responsible, we can change the country's name...

Desertistan.

Man, I tell you. Compared to SOME of the opinions I've heard expressed today, I'm thinking I'm a MODERATE.

I talked to one guy who thinks the the only solution (because, by his reasoning, killing all the terrorists will just inspire their friends to become new terrorists) is to kill every living thing between the West Bank and the Indus River.

But then, he's a known local nutcase, who once wrote a letter to the editor that claimed that Jupiter was about to become a star and kill us all. o_O

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let's hope people cool off before something happens.

I'm worried I'll read the Baltimore Sun tommorow and read about the murders or attacks on of Arab or Muslims living around Baltimore.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You do realize that much of the taliban is armed with US/CIA provided weaponry. kind of ironic if you think about it.

I mean, does anyone remember that Bond movie with Timithy Dalton. I forget what its called right now, but the Taliban were the good guys fighting the evil Russians. Jokes on us i guess.

[ September 11, 2001: Message edited by: USS Vanguard ]

--------------------
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger,
Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die."-Mel Brooks

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Provided to the government the Taliban "overthrew" or whichever exactly happened over there.

More ironic is Iraq and Saddam Hussein, who WAS armed directly by the U.S. during his war against Iran.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, yes. And Osama Bin Laden was supposedly trained by the CIA in guerrila tactics so as to better fight the Soviet Union. Cold War fallout is ugly stuff.
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

Too true.

Just goes to show, we're better off when we leave the 'furriners' to their own devices to frag each other.

Of course, both of those conflicts were primarily because of oil. The occupation of Afghanistan brought the Russians dangerously close to the Persian Gulf, and Iran was just screwing up EVERYTHING out there.

We should get out of the foreign oil business as soon as possible, no? Back to ANWR (but only until we develop MUCH more efficient solar cells and power stations, which we should make our TOP priority, replacing SDI.)

--------------------

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Regarding Afghanistan, the Taliban came to power in a bloody coup that deposed of the legitimate president. That president is still alive, holed up in a bunker in a northeastern portion of the country. He is recognized as the true leader of the nation of Afghanistan, not those Taliban nutcases.

If Afghanistan is serious about sympathy for the US, they'd better return those aid workers arrested for "Promoting Christianity".

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps