Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Casualties (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Casualties
BlueElectron
Member # 281

- posted      Profile for BlueElectron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The totaly death toll is already beyond a thousand, if you count both the casuality at pentagon and the fire fighters plus polices missing in action.

CNN was saying that rescuer are hearing cryings from the remains of the WTCs, but they're not allow to go in yet, cuz the unstable structure and fire that's going on.

Damn...I could imaging myself going mental if I'm a rescuer.

--------------------
"George Washington said, 'I cannot tell a lie.'
Richard Nixon said, 'I cannot tell the truth.'
Bill Clinton said, 'I cannot tell the difference.'"

-- comedian TOM SMOTHERS, from his latest stage act with brother DICK SMOTHERS.

OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would love to be a NYC firefighter right now. Well, not love, but I hope you understand what I mean.

And what's this about Daytona? If you could please elaborate as much as possible. As the Daytona Intl Airport is half a mile from my room, I'd really like to know whats going on over there, if possible.

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

BlueElectron
Member # 281

- posted      Profile for BlueElectron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As I was reading from the news, more then half of NYC fire fighting forces are gone, more then 80 police officers gone...

I'm suprise that criminals did not take advantages of this...

--------------------

BlueElectron
Member # 281

Just wait until tomorrow when the estimate number for casualty from WTCs start to roll in...

Then the American will be very pissed, even more pissed then now...

Then I will feel just a little bit sorry for the mother f*c*ers that is gonna get their homeland bombed back to stone age.

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stingray,

Can't tell you a whole lot, just that the FBI is executing search warrants in Florida, reportedly near Daytona.

quote:
The FBI used information from the planes' passenger lists to obtain search warrants for more than one location in south Florida, including homes and post office boxes, a law enforcement source told CNN.

"We're looking at south Florida ties to some of the people we're looking at," the source said. One search will made at a location in Daytona, the source said.

[ September 11, 2001: Message edited by: MeGotBeer ]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As of approximately 8:45 GMT I had these facts;

2 mile radius of debris
1,500 hospitalised/walking wounded with 150 being serious.
266 people dead (from the planes).
300-500 firefighters killed/lost
At least 75 police officers killed/lost
800 killed at the Pentagon with a further 800 missiong. It was later stated that the 800 killed was a high-range estimate and that it would probably be closer to 200 - thank God.

The total confirmed dead at the time was about 2,500, with it expected to reach at least 25,000.

I later saw a picture of a mother and her young daughter, must have been no more than 4 or 5 years old. They were on one of the planes - so young and innocent - her life cut so horribly short.

I could not recognise New York - looked like a war zone. Those rescuers are brave souls - I take my hat off to them and all Americans who have rushed to hospitals to donate blood. Bravo!

Sadly all the new security procedures in the USA and the UK are too little too damn late. It is such a shame that it takes a catastrophic event such as this to make us realise how vulnerable we really are.

I woke up this morning wishing that the last 24 hours had been a bad dream, sadly this was not the case. 11th September was a very sad and dark day for us all . . . like Wing Commander IV says - "The price for freedom is eternal vigilance."

--------------------
If you cant convince them, confuse them.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The last I heard, the Pentagon figure had been revised back down to 100. There were 202 fire fighters and 57 police unaccounted for in New York. That was a couple hours ago, though.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
to make us realise how vulnerable we really are.

I'm about to go on a rant. Forgive me.

The FAA recently sent undercover operatives whose missions were to attempt to smuggle weapons -- including guns and pipe bombs -- onto aircraft. I don't remember precisely whether the number of successes was given for just one airport or airports all across the U.S., but they were successful over one hundred and forty times!

Our current administration has been hawking an expensive "missile defense shield" to protect this nation. It's time they wake up and spend that money hiring more security for our airports, including armed security for each flight. Let's protect the nation from real threats, okay?

Sorry if I offended anyone, but we've spent how many billion on SDI? Stop wasting money, if you want to protect the American people -- no, scratch that. If you want to protect people -- not just American, but Canadian, Australian, British, German, Dutch, Swedish, Swiss, French & Beligian ... we've all just learned a lesson bought in blood.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As this is the Lounge, what say we avoid turning an unspeakable tragedy into a soapbox for our pet political projects, m'kay?
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Sol,

Sorry. With this whole thing, the line between OL/FB has been blurred. Er ... if you want to move this to the FB, I'll understand.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

My friend Michelle is one of the people I was frantically trying to get in touch with on Tuesday. I met her in Boston a little over a year and a half ago, and we've kept in touch over AIM and the telephone. She lives in Manhattan, and attends Northeastern University in Boston.

While she was survived the attack -- she lives about four miles away -- not all of her friends and family did.

A friend of hers from NEU was on one of the Boston flights.

A family friend worked and is presumed dead at the WTC.

Her mother's boyfriend, a NYC cop, is among the missing. They had hopes he had just not had a chance to check in the first couple of days in all the rush of events, but that hope has begun to fade.

I had hopes I was beginning to get out of being in a shocked, numbed state, but I think I'm going right back in ...

[ September 13, 2001: Message edited by: MeGotBeer ]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My relatives in New York were more lucky then... one was comming from Norfolk back to NYC when the attack occured. Another was at the UN and had to walk from there to Queens since the subway was down. An aunt, who is a registered nurse was called in from Brooklyn. My family over there was pretty damn lucky. Too bad not everyone else was.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps