Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » A Request

Author Topic: A Request
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We are all sickened by the news.

We are all sickened by the videos and pictures.

We are all sickened by the destruction.

We are all sickened by the vast loss of life inflicted in North America.

Everyone is in shock.

Everyone is speechless.

Everyone is afraid.

Everyone is angry.

Many of us want Justice.

Many of us want Revenge.

Many of us want to be locked in a room with the mastermind and beat the crap out of him until his brains are rendered into a pulp.

Many of us want the country the terrorists are in blown to Pluto.

But while we want to quench our thirst and hunger for vengeance, at the same time, we need restraint.

Restraint will ensure that no more innocent lives are lost in the conflict. This includes all North Americans, all Muslims living in North America, the citizens of allied countries, and yes, even the civilians of the countries the terrorists are in.

Restraint will ensure that we will not act in our rage and fear and strike out blindly. If so, then we have done exactly what the terrorists want us to do, and we would be labelled as monsters, not only to their citizens, but possibility the rest of the world.

Restraint will ensure that in this desperate hour, we will rise above this terror, and the masterminds who struck at the very heart of North America will be brought to Justice.

Restraint will ensure that the rest of the world will stand by us as a society who believes in righteousness, and not bloodshed.

This is a request for continued restraint.

This is a request for patience.

This is a request for perserverance.

This is a request for Continued Peace and prosperity, not just in the world, not just in North America, but also in your towns and cities and between your neighbours, no matter their race, colour, or creed.

This is not intended to be a petition, but can be seen as such. I don't care what you do with my request. But I will be signing my Name as well as my City of Residence to express my full support for this request.

Eric Chow, Toronto, ON, Canada.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We should not, no, must not, become our enemy to defeat it.

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeff Benson, Baltimore, MD, USA

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with this. Restraint is needed. All of us struck by these senseless acts wants to see the animals behind it brought to justice. I want to see this bastards brought to justice. At the same time, I don't want anymore innocent people to join those who have already "slipped the surly bonds of Earth" (as Ronald Reagan said at the Challenger memorial service in 1986). Justice will be served. It may not be today, tomorrow, next week, next month, or next year, but justice will be served.

Christopher Holly, Houston, Texas, United States of America

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unfortunately, I was away on vacation at Myrtle Beach this past week, and did not have access to a computer until now. There are so many threads about this atrocity that I haven't even been able to read them all. But this one will be the first I will respond to.

Mark Delgado, Elkridge, MD, United States of America.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just strted another thread before reading this one...
Oh, well.
America must remain strong and fight off our enemies. Whether or not we must start a war, we should remain patriotic and let freedom ring.

Peter Bingham
Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
United States of America.

--------------------
Meh

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is probably thr worst possible time for nationalism that I can think of...
Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As much as I hate to agree about almost anything, with Tim, I am starting to come to my sences. I was watching TV last night, flipping channels after Farscape, and landed on Geraldo. I can't stand the guy, but I stopped long enough to see what his show was doing with all of this. He said something that woke me up in a big way. World War Three.

I don't know where my head has been the last few days. I guess I've been thinking about all the people on Airplanes that knew they were going to die. I've never flown before, never had a reason. Never wanted to try it just to get up there. But I kept hearing the stories about the woman who was talking to her husband by cell phone, while he and his fellow pasengers decided weather or not to try to take the plane back from the highjackers, which they tried, and I guess they succeded, since the only thing the plane hit was the ground.

I would like to see some kind of retaliation, but not WWIII. I'm very afraid that once it starts, we wont be able to stop it. A lot of people believe in Armageddon, and while I am a non believer, I think it is true that, if enough people believe it will happen, they will create it. We are working on that now. I hope that it doesn't get that far.

[ September 18, 2001: Message edited by: Kosh ]

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps