Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Things I had to get off my chest...

Author Topic: Things I had to get off my chest...
Obese Penguin
Doomsayer
Member # 271

- posted      Profile for Obese Penguin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Steel may have folded, Stone crumbled and, buildings may have toppled, but theres one thing the violence of September 11, 2001 failed to dent.

The Human Spirit.

All over the world people of all nations, religions and creeds have come together under one flag, the flag of hope. Never in my life have I ever been this moved. Be it the rescue worker toiling over ground zero, the mailman who just got off his shift and darted to the closest Bloodmobile in hopes that he could do his part or the small boy holding his American flag up above his head as the national anthem plays. They all have one thing in common.

Hope.

America, indeed the world has united over this horrible tragedy, and I for one have a new found faith in humanity, we are all brothers and I saw that today, never have I been moved to tears more than when I saw that American flag waving over what remains of the WTC, that flag stands not only for this nation, but as a symbol, that no matter how much hate you put out there will always be an greater amount of love and caring and that no matter how much carnage and chaos , humanity will survive and move on closer then they were before.

"God will not show mercy to him who does not show mercy to others."

"He who does a good deed will have ten times the amount of blessings, and I [God] shall give more, but he who does an evil deed will have an equivalent reward of evil..."

Sayings of the Muslim Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him)

[ September 15, 2001: Message edited by: Obese Penguin ]

--------------------
My Mother never found the irony in calling me a son of a bitch

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps