Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Hey you, turn that music off (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Hey you, turn that music off
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I heard "American Pie" on the radio the other day, so...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Obese Penguin
Doomsayer
Member # 271

- posted      Profile for Obese Penguin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well they are not banning the songs they are just playing them less.

Plus this is something done by Clear Channel not by ALL radio stations.

According to MTV , Clear Channel thinks that most Rage Against The Machine music is about "chaos and destruction" so they are just playing them less.

--------------------
My Mother never found the irony in calling me a son of a bitch

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another possibility re: Rage, is that Rage Against The Machine is probably the best known politicaly motivated band in the States. And since these attacks were motivated by politics ...

Just a thought.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It should be pointed out that this is a hoax.

My comments about The Bangles (And Clear Channel being the devil.) still stand.

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This has also gotten a mention already over at Snopes: Clear Channel's Banning Songs. It differs from Sol's link in that it says someone compiled a list of songs of "current questionable taste," but this is a directive to ban these songs from the airways.

In the end, as usual, it's up to the program directors at the individual stations to plan the playlists. I listen to one the Clear Channel stations on a regular basis. They haven't banned these songs, but a few of them have been shifted to being played in the late afternoon and early evening rather than morning and early afternoon.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been listening to a Manowar album I was given back during my first year of college...

"Defender" - great lead in by Orson Welles
"Violence and Bloodshed"
"Drums of Doom / Master of Revenge / Black Wind, Fire and Steel"

Good songs to get your blood boiling like any true Klingon Warrior!

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*smacks Rob upside the head with a bat'leth*

Brag all you WANT! But don't get between me and the stereo controls!

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Before all this started, I was listening to Bowie at the Beeb, the live disc. Stopped playing anything for a few days there, but as of last night, with the Bowie, I'm getting back to it. PBS all morning in the car, got some great Beethoven and Handel. This afternoon has been Yes(first album) and now Stone Temple Pilots. I'd rather the music calm me then get me even more pissed off.

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think The Soft Bulletin by the Flaming Lips makes for good listening in these troubled and troubling times.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps