Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » My last thread ever... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: My last thread ever...
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, Liz, if you were to be in Ellensburg you'd be one of the only people I know in the entire county.

Anyway, as far as Ellensburg goes, the best way to describe it is this: Twin Peaks. It's no coincidence that David Lynch hails from the Pacific Northwest.

I'm still home, at the moment, because I can be. Ha ha, freshmen! HA HA HA HA!

an'on
Member # 222

- posted      Profile for an'on     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ellensburg:
-Home of Jerrol's one of my favorite bookstores on the planet.
-Home of 5 fascinating individuals who know sign language but aren't human.
-Home of the statue of the bull sitting on the park bench that was controversial to the point that the artist had to create a concrete cowboy hat to set on its lap so that some people wouldn't think it obscene.
-Home of Dick and Jane's corner of Pearl and 1st. It's a house covered with reflectors. Whe'er it be art or eyesore, it's a novelty.
-Home of the Agate Shop, which has neat rocks as well as the rare and measured by the caret Ellensburg blue agates.
-Place where one hopes the wind isn't blowing into town during time of slaughter.
-Safeway had and may still have a wind guage that is a logging chain as its indicator of wind speed. 'tis a place where one can ride a bicycle while leaning heavily to one side and still remain upright.
-Periodically the irrigation canal that the students have named "The Ganges" has beavers that try to dam it up and then go about dismantling campus tree by tree.
-Place where I spent the better part of 4 years and who I hear from yearly as the alumni fund is always wishing money.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is that bookstore really that good? Everyone tells me to buy my textbooks there, but other than textbooks, is there anything there?

I am aware of the bull, though I've never seen it in person.

And the chimps.

I've seen the funky house.

And driven past said rock store, of course.

To emphasize the wind issue, there's a small number of power-generating windmills several miles further up in the mountains. That's windy.

an'on
Member # 222

- posted      Profile for an'on     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have always appreciated Jerrol's as it is better to be able to have some competition rather than many college bookstores' "take it or leave it" approach.
Always found it worth comparing book prices and especially book buyback prices...Jerrol's buyback a decade ago (feels old) tended to be to my financial advantage by $1-$15.

Jerrol's also has two items that I have difficulty finding elsewhere--narrow rule paper, which has more lines than college ruled, and professional looking clipboards that actually have a clip for paper rather than just the slit to slide a paper pad into. Nice to have option of using standard notebook paper, typing paper, graph paper without having to have a pad of paper.

From my visits there this summer they still have laminating facilities for one's posters, art supplies, kites, intersting wrapping paper, books, and all the college apparel designed to get strangers to strike up a conversation with one. "Oh do you attend Central?" This is either a blessing or a curse. Depends on whether one wants help in starting a conversation with strangers or if one would just assume be left alone.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I go away for a week, and Simon becomes weird to a whole new bunch of people. Without me to offer him helpful advise such as "give people beer" and "The Vc & Bob version of I'm a Believer is the best", and, most important of all, "Don't urinate in your tutors mouth".

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps