Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » My first thread ever... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: My first thread ever...
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From this computer, etc.

Hi everybody. I took a quick trip back home Saturday, so I've posted since moving here, but this is the first time I've had my internet connection up and running.

I'm not sure what to say. I should probably bare my soul in a very messy display of twentysomething angst, but I doubt that would be very widely appreciated. So instead, just a few points.

Everyone on my ICQ list needs to message me, since my database doesn't appear to want to switch over. You also need to message me because I feel both incredibly out of place and bored and so on and so on.

I have a webcam. Pictures, still ones, anyway, can be expected soon. I don't know of what. Probably the tiny, tiny brick room I live in.

That's about it. Class updates and stuff later, as soon as I find the paper I have all that written down on. Classes start tomorrow. My first one is at nine. English, I think. Location: as of yet, unknown. Yippee.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You could always start by telling us what classes you're taking.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Above all else Simon, maintain that air of detached coolness that you have cultivated for so long.

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have fun in the dorms. You'll find eventually that there are other people living near you with compatible personalities. You just to seek them out. Go to the floor meetings and floor programs; hang out in the lobby of your building.

Probably the most important thing you can do is to be social and leave your door open every now and then. People will pop in talk to you. Blast TMBG to get their attention. Oh, and don't lose your identity. Change for no one except for yourself.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*braces himself for another story that begins "one time, at Band Camp. . ."*

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really freaked out because 'Istanbul' is playing on my winamp just as i read that.

my advice: dont do drugs... (on school nights).

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And because Vogon Poet asked for it...

One time at band camp, when I was just about to begin my freshman year of high school, two of the upperclassmen in the trumpet section came to my house at 4am. I was kidnapped by them; I was blindfolded, bound, gagged, and thrown in the back seat of their car. They drove for a while and then, after ten minutes from my abduction, I felt someone being thrown in the backseat with me. It was another freshman trumpet player.

After twenty minutes, we were told to get out of the car and led into the trumpet captain's house. There, all six of us freshmen trumpet players in the marching band were told we were going to be initiated. We had to endure the entire outside marching rehearsal (this is summer in Texas, keep in mind) dressed as a member of the opposite sex. My squadleader and another upperclassman felt I should be the fat transvestite version of Madonna.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*screams*

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

I guess you don't want to hear the stories about the ice cream fights at the pool party, the streakers at the lock-in, or the wild nights on band trips, huh?

[ September 26, 2001: Message edited by: Siegfried ]

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So you're the famous Mr. Madonna ...

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

Yep, and not from just that incident, either. No, I became Madonna two more times during my senior year. I was in the third-level Spanish class, and we had to do skits. One of the skits I dressed up like Madonna and sang "Don't Cry for Me, Argentina." This around the time Evita was out in theaters. A few months later, I brought her back for an encore performance in another skit.

I have never done another Madonna impression since those two times. Unfortunately, both of those times are on videotapes somewhere.

--------------------

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*TwilightZoneMusic*
an'on
Member # 222

- posted      Profile for an'on     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, we want to hear class schedule and whether English was in the L & L buliding. ;-)
OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I may, just why in the hell are you starting school so late?

I started almost a month ago (seems like a fucking lifetime ago).

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

I started late August as well, but schools do not the same time start. Northeastern just started last week.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps