Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Ooh.. look how many

Author Topic: Ooh.. look how many
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Flare Sci-Fi Forums, 666 registered users

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uhhh ... ?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I noticed that, too. Of course, I contented myself w/ just commenting about it on ICQ to Simon (he was convenient at that moment). It really isn't particularly thread-worthy...
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, who's the lucky devil?

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well. It's not me if that helps.

HEY! Wait a minute. If CaptianMike here is member number 709, why does it say there are only 666 members?!?!?!

You know what? I think this is a little Halloween prank that CC has pulled. Art Bell did the exact same thing on his web site last Halloween. He programed his website so that the little hit counter got stuck on 66,666,666 hits for a few weeks. Art Bell then caimed that the web site just got stuck that way and even the best internet dudes could fix it.

On his talk show, Coast to Coast AM with Art Bell, he got a whole bunch of calls from people claiming to be the anti-christ saying that they were responsible for it. His E-mail box filled with E-mails from people who ranged from being slightly amused to those where were troubled by it to those who were on the verge toward freaking out about it. LOL Reading some of those E-mails were really quite fun. Art Bell later admitted a few weeks later that HE was responsible for the hit counter getting stuck on 66,666,666 hits.

[ October 01, 2001: Message edited by: MIB ]

IP: Logged
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Probably some guys got kicked off for spoiling the plot to 'Unification' or 'Emissary' back in the day.

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Charles explained this when the design for Flare flipped over to this configuration. He said something about purging names from the user list of people who had been banned for causing problems, spamming, etc. So while we had six-hundred sixty-six registered users, we've actually had somewhere over seven-hundred names registered at Flare.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps