Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Interest waning...

Author Topic: Interest waning...
Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found myself thinking today that my interest in Star Trek in general has been steadily decreasing. Though I will always watch Enterprise whenever I can, I feel that the previous series are gone and no longer interesting anymore since I seen almost all of them at least 2 or 3 times, some of them 6 or even 10 times. I own a large amount of Trek tapes and DVDs, which I haven't touched in over a year. I haven't bought anything Trek related in over a year as well.

I am not totally sure of why I am losing interest in Star Trek now. I have been a fan since 94' after TNG went off the air and Voyager went on the air. This is not a result of Voyager going off the air or Enterprise ruining Star Trek, but mearly me having no interest in Trek anymore.

I think its because I have a new girlfriend (I haven't dated in a year and half) and I am a senior in high school. I am involved in sports now, concentrating in getting out of that hell-hole called a school. Though my new girlfriend has a interest in Star Trek, she is not like me where I need a technical answer to everything. She believes that not everything needs to be answered.

I haven't posted on this forum in regularly in for a few months now. I have been posting almost on a once a week basis now. So just to let you know to those who even remember who I am, I will not be permenantly out of this forum, but I will be on this forum rarely. I will be back though...

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hope you're back soon.

And even though Interest is waning on my end, I ALWAYS find the time to come here.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not as enthusiastic a fan as I was when I was younger ... but I'll watch "Enterprise" unless it follows the Voyager route ... and I'll keep swinging by Flare, if only to be amused by Omega.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My apartment is being renovated because they need to rip out the sewer pipes from 1937 and install new ones, so I don't have a computer where I live now. I'm writing this from my office computer, so expect my post to be somewhat more...sporadic. ;-)

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Matrix, I think you already know the reason why your interest is waning. You just haven't realized it yet. You've even hinted at in your post. Your interests are being diverted elsewhere. You have girlfriend and an active dating life. You're in the whole sports culture now. Heck, you're a senior in high school. You've been a fan for seven years, and now the interest you've had (maybe) solely for Star Trek is now going to the girlfriend, sports, and your studies.

If it's any consolation, I've been at a place a few times where my interest has waned in Star Trek. Oftentimes it was because other big things were happening to me that diverted most of my attention. All of high school was like that for me ('93 through '97), although it was when I became really active in the band that I seriously didn't have the time for Trek. When I started working in the residence halls here at college, I didn't have as much time for Trek as I wanted. It was that same period that I lost contact with the board for the better part of a year and a half. Fortunately, I rediscovered this board earlier this year.

I'd be willing to bet that, given some serious time, your interest may pique again. You've just got a lot on your plate right now, and a lot of that is stuff that's more important to you than a science-fiction television show.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps