Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » I declare October 5th "MIB day". Yesterday was my one year anniversery at Flare! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I declare October 5th "MIB day". Yesterday was my one year anniversery at Flare!
MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's still good to be here. Flare is such a great place. I should finish touching up my report for UP3 and I have a lot of junk I need to sell. Does anyone want it?
IP: Logged
The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, come March 12, 2002, I'll have been here 3 years

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
October 6th was my one month anniversary at Flare. Im celebrating by sleeping and going to work

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe Oct. 5th was my 13th anniversary at Flare.

Er, 13 month anniversary. Here's to 13 more months of turning Omega prematurely grey.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please tell me you didn't just say gay...

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Grey.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This November/December will mark four years that I've been here...
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I too got here before the refit with the new chronology system, but just by a couple of months.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
March 12, 1999, is when I first registered here at Flare. So my three year anniversary is coming up in another six months. However, my association with this group started way back at the Behaviour Group forums. I joined there June 30, 1998, so it's been a little over three years already (I registered about three days before it was hacked as I recall). However, I don't think I really became a prolific poster until "The Interrogation of Charles Capps" saga. Then I disappeared for a while until I resurfaced again this past January.

Let's see, I've seen the Behavior Group forums, The Starfleet Communications Relay, the Solarflare forums, and now the Flare Sci-Fi Forums. There were also one or two temporary gathering spots, but I can't remember the names offhand.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
May 14, 1999. 1,467 posts. 3 years at Flare almost. Lurked for a while because of the email registration thing I couldn't sign up.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

Of course, being with this group has been well over 4 years...back in the days of the Behaviour Group and UP1...

Oh, and I think this is my 1,800th post. Nice round number

MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Even though I wasn't a member of the behaviour group I was a VERY frequent visitor of UP1 and UP2.

I first encountered UP1 when I was still living in North Carolina. I was only 12 and I thought it was a kick ass website. Then it closed. I was kind of sad, because I never bothered to save any of the info to disk. Then UP2 came out. I though it was so cool. Then it closed down due to heavy traffic. I didn't help much because I was visiting the site like every day to check for updates. Then I heard of UP3. I was happy that it was comming back, but to kill time one day I decided to go check out the guys behind UP3. Doing this lead me to the Flare forums! I created an account under the name 'Cammodude.' After forgetting the password, I created a new account under the name 'MIB.' I was 15 when I did that. Back in North Carolina, when I was only 12 years old, I didn't have any idea that, 4 years from then, I would end up writing for one of my favorite starship database websites on the web. Now I'm getting all nostalgic!

[ October 08, 2001: Message edited by: MIB ]

IP: Logged
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
4 years this month, I think. Wowzers.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess it's about 4 years for me as well. Sometime in October '97, anyway.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, my one-year anniverasry will be July 9, 2002. My first post was at 14:55, in the Starships and Technology section. The first person to respond to me was good ol' Aethelwer.
Only four responses to my first post though, even though it was about a weird thing: an old Cinemafantastique issue about the DS9 premiere had a picture of the Cochrane on the cover.

--------------------
Meh

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps