Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Is this the next All-Your-Base-like fad? I'd like to think so!!! MWHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Author Topic: Is this the next All-Your-Base-like fad? I'd like to think so!!! MWHAHAHAHAHA!!!
MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.touristguy.com/

Funny stuff! Really!

IP: Logged
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow. I knew that stuff had been done, but I didn't realize there were so many already.

I have to be honest, some of those are really well done.. :-)

Dani
Naboo Handmaiden
Ex-Part-Time Admin
Member # 57

- posted      Profile for Dani     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can't seem to hit the site right now (no doubt because everyone else on the planet is), but if it's the pics of the guy on top of the WTC with the plane, that stuff is just hilarious. Trust me, check it out, it's not really that twisted.
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Two thoughts:

1). The dude's just plain weird.

2). Taking advantage of real-life 'incidents' that are still fresh in the memory of those who were affected - in a twisted attempt to be funny - doesn't fall well with people.

[ October 10, 2001: Message edited by: IDIC ]

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ummm... This is definitely weird... I'm having flashbacks to all those parodies of the Mahir "I Kiss You" website.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Dani
Naboo Handmaiden
Ex-Part-Time Admin
Member # 57

- posted      Profile for Dani     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it's not so much the original picture that I find amusing. A friend gave me the link to the forum where these pictures originated, the same forum the "All Your Base" pics came from. It's humorous because they treated the original image (which had been circulating via email) the same way they treated the AYB junk. The original pic and myth are very cheesy and yes, inappropriate while people are still reeling from the WTC incident, but I couldn't help but laugh at the pictures they made making fun of the original image.
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My brother mailed me all the best ones. Rather annoying considering I don't have a 1-Megabit connection anymore. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My favorite is the Hindenberg one.
Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's a problem with this though. AYB was totally spontaneous. It was funny because it just kept going and going. This isn't the same. This feels like a publicity stunt- appears to be real but totally staged. I guess the phrase "Been there, done that" would be right.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps