Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » It was my Birthday

Author Topic: It was my Birthday
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm 22 now.. im already growing anxious at speeding towards the fiery ritual of carousel.. perhaps i will be renewed.

And i almost got arrested twice.. yay!

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YAY! Happy birthday!
IP: Logged
Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I turned 22 back on Sept 3rd, but I didn't need to tell the world. Well, now I am.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

capped
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All this 'being an adult' shit is lame though. I like the fact that my room looks like a really rich fourth grader lives in it. I like hanging out with people younger than me.

Im just glad i survived this birthdy.. some monumental bad decisions and even worse peer pressure led to me almost getting arrested twice in one night.. and having hefty fine to pay with my birthday money. *waves at the laser printer as it flies away!* Bye Laser Printer! Bye, wish i could have bought you!

--------------------

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I was 31 on September 7th, but I don't come whining here about it! Nah, kidding, happy birthday, that Captain. You too Poppychops. 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey! I turned 22 on Sept 20th. Did I get any presents of you lot? Nooooooooooooo. Arse-bastards-gits.

Actually, with three of us all turning 22 in such a short space and time, this is a clear sign that I will rule all England by the time I'm 28. Yes it is.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

capped
Member # 709

I think a good idea for Flare board birthday presents would be scans of rare Trek photos. As soon as i scan it, i found a picture of the bridge of the starship Shepard, with Jane Wiedlin of the Go-Gos as 'alien communications officer Trillya' as Nimoy directs them from Star Trek IV.. she's cute with an alien pixie haircut

i just cant get this USB wire to work right.. grumble

--------------------

MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pardon me, but I'm curious. How exactly did you almost get arrested twice on your birthday. I know it's none of my business, but you sparked my interest about that.
IP: Logged
capped
Member # 709

Well, gory details time.

I was chilling on Thayer Street, which is the trendy business and bar area in the ritzy east side between Brown University and RI School of Design, where the college kids meet on the street for discreet narcotic treats (that rhymes), and hang out with us townies. Its on my way home from work, the Yuppie-Hippie WholeFoods Market, so i stopped to get a drink at the bar.. one thing led to another and I was halfway through one of my favorite treats, a bottle of Coke that has been watered down with a healthy amount of Captain Morgan, sitting on the steps of the closed bike shop. I met a girl who had the same birthday as me (albeit on a different, slightly later year) Since it was her birthday, i shared some of my spirits with her (as she had none of her own, legally).. there was a party at a house in the RISD residential section where some RISD kids had a whole house open to the public for only $2 a head and $4 if you wanted a cup for the keg. One of the girl's friends met an art student who lived there, a scary little asian kid with a mustache and doo rag.. i dont know what happened, but she ended up with her clothes ripped and then one of the other girls spat in his face.. we all began siding up for a brawl, when the kids whose house it was sent us outside.. but the scrawny kid followed us and was about to actually hit the girl who spit on him. At this point it was about 30 people in the middle of the street and three police cars came from different directions and blocked the intersection. Everyone scattered, but i consider that if i hadnt been standing on the part of the intersection without a cop car on the street leading away i would have been in some trouble.

I went back to Thayer Street and went to the hot dog place, which was closing and i sat in their dining sobering up hanging out with the kids who work there as they closed, and left at about 4 AM after sleeping a little bit on their chair.

I hopped in my car, a little concerned because my grandmother probably expected me home about 6 hours earlier. I was speeding north up route 7 when i noticed a police car chilling at the motel parking lot at the 295 exit. I was going about 80 miles an hour, in a 40 mph zone. I went past him pretty quick, but figured if i turned it might still turn out all right as he hadnt pulled out of the lot yet, if i turned quickly and got lost. I turned at what i thought was a side street, but turned out to be a church parking lot. He got there pretty quick. Two more police cars showed up. They noticed there was still half a bottle of rum under the book bag in my back seat. I had evaded pursuit. I didnt know the zip code of my new address because i just moved in with my grandmother a month ago. After looking at my license, he said that since it was my birthday he wouldnt do anything to me except cite my speeding, giving me a big ticket. And its a good thing he didnt search my car, because there was more bad stuff in it...

And before we get into commentary on what a bad person i am, nights like that one dont really sum up my personality. Ive just had a wierd couple months and want to go back to being a nerd again.

I kinda like the picking up girls thing though.. i might keep doing that even though i turn back to nerdiness

--------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I knew it wasn't my birthday. The rain fell without my help.

And the sprinkler system hissed at me. That part doesn't fit into my general ha-ha, though, so I thought about leaving it out, but then I thought, to hell with it, it's my birthday, isn't it? I can do what I want.

But then I remembered it wasn't.

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy belated birthday CaptainMike...

And who cares about age...I don't act my age...I doubt that I will. Screw being an adult, act what you feel like, do what you want to.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations on the recent birthdays, folks!

I've been 22 years old since this past April the 10th. Only about six months until I hit twenty-three. As I recall, I spent my last birthday reformatting my computer. There was no chance of me getting arrested for that.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a strange post by Simon. Has he been drinking Mountain Dew in a blatently non-mountainous area again?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps