Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » OPEC?

Author Topic: OPEC?
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has OPEC increased production?

When this whole deal started on 9/11 some people feared that gas prices would sky rocket. It didn't happen. Instead since then gas prices have dropped. Yesterday it was $1.04 a gallon at the beginning of the day, by the evening the same day it was $1.02.

I'm curious if the drops are nation-wide, or if OPEC finally produced more gas.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The main reason of the drop in gas prices is the drop in the travel industry. Jets use a lot of fuel, and most airlines have been lurking in the danger zone. It's not the lack of gas that is the problem, it's the lack of demand for gas. Which is good.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gas is between 1.13 and 1.09 hereabouts, down from around 1.43 just before the attacks.

Tahna has it right... with much fewer flights, there's much less gas consumption, (hence a bigger overall supply,) so prices drop.

+Supply -> -Prices. (Californians take note)

Also, until now, fall's been pretty mild, so less heating.

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So illogical these humans.. depending on what the war does to the middles east we may not have long to enjoy the low prices

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chicago has been notorious for having the highest gas prices in the nation, and right here (about 50 miles outside Chicago) it's been hovering around $1.10

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*grumble* it was chillin around $1.50 pre 9/11, now its about $1.35.. here in Rhode Island

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Guy 'in the industry' told my dad to expect it to drop below $1 a gallon by Thanksgiving.
Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's down to 62 cents canadian where i live.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps