Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » The Great (Mini-fig Scale) Lego Star-Cruiser (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Great (Mini-fig Scale) Lego Star-Cruiser
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As some of you know, I'm planning on building a minifig-scale Lego Star Cruiser, using designs like the Myase and the Mithrandir as influences. I also found this ship, the Hyperion for some interior concepts (I'm particularly fond of the shuttle-bay).

I'm actually really fond of Hyperion's hull design ... although, IMHO, it's too tall for the length. I'll probably design the base deck with that kind of "step" (essentially, I'm looking for a base about 3 feet long).

What I'm planning on including ...

Officer's Quarters ... private cabins for the Captain, XO, and Medical Officer. Weapons Officer, Navigator, Infantry Officer, Engineering Officer all share dual cabins. Shik already saw the toilet I designed for the officer's head, and the crew head. The crew -- with the exception of four NCOs who share a cabin -- "hot bunks". There's a seperate barracks for the eight infantry stationed aboard -- (who will probably wind up being Imperial Stormtroopers).

There will be a shuttlebay, with a drop shuttle (think the shuttle from "Starship Troopers"); a torpedo bay (probably won't really be able to fire); a brig; Engineering; Weapons Control (with assorted weaponry emplacements); kitchen & mess hall; med-bay; Combat Information Center; bridge (CIC used to fight the ship, bridge used to fly the ship -- the bridge will be atop the conning tower).

I'm figuring the whole ship will be about four -- five at the most -- decks high.

So, as far as crew goes, I'm guesstimating:

8 Officers
8 Soldiers
20 Crew

Anything I'm missing ... ?

[ October 29, 2001: Message edited by: Malnurtured Snay ]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like a pretty good plan, Jeff. There are a couple facilities you'll probably need but haven't included. One, you'll probably need a medical area (sickbay, medbay, infirmary, what have you). You have a medical officer, so you'll probably need somewhere for him to work. Also, you might want to consider a combination Captain's ready room and briefing room. I say "might" because it's also possible that the captain does his personal work out of his quarters (like Kirk did) and that staff meetings are held in the mess hall (refreshments!).

Something else to consider would be an exercise facility for the Imperial Stormtroopers. If they're going to be used for what you're saying, they're going to need to be able to stay in shape. It probably wouldn't hurt for the rest of the crew to have access to it.

Other than the medical bay, what you have sounds really thought out. I can't wait to see the final product!

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sig,

I've got "Med-Bay" already listed

Good idea on the Gym for the troops, and the Captain's Ready Room/Briefing Room.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn it, I skipped right over that. Sorry about that.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jesus Christ Superstar, the Hyperion thing has to weigh a ton! My God man, where has his life gone?!

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

It doesn't even have a nice design ... it would look more in place on a city street, you know?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hmmmm. My thing is designing small fighters and shuttles. Maybe you can buy a drop ship from the Pacifica Starfighter R&D Labs. (Formally known as the CYDONIA yada yada yada.) I'm almost finished building the PB-01 Star Hammer bomber. It will be up for sale on Wednsday. Thursday at the latest! After this, plans for the PSB-01 Super Nova super bomber will be on the way. I love starfighters!!! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
IP: Logged
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Fuck me!

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

Only after a sex change, Jeff. Only after a sex change.

--------------------

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kuat "Brick" Driveyards are currently assembling an Imperial Star Destroyer II, but are hindered by material shortages. Shipments of raw bricksteel are badly needed. The project will most likely be delayed until more resources can be brought in.

[ November 01, 2001: Message edited by: Mojo Jojo ]

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Hush, Siggy.

You got a link, Mojo?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I may decide to put up a site when there's a bit more of the ship to show

I think I may have somewhat underestimated the amount of bricks I'm going to need for this project... but I don't want to go overboard. It's very difficult to estimate the amount of material required.

Alas, as much as I'd like to, ordering truckloads of material at once is a little bit too expensive...

[ November 01, 2001: Message edited by: Mojo Jojo ]

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Ok, for some reason I thought it was a website you found.

You're not planning on mini-fig scale, are you? It'd be as long as the World Trade Center buildings were tall.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember building a very tall lego office building back in 1993. It was 21 stories tall and it took me a year to make. I loved that building, too bad the Northridge earthquake here in LA destroyed it. It was kinda strange though on how it broke...split in half with floors 12-21 on the floor all smashed up and lego people sticking out of the rubble. Morbid isn't it?

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps