Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » To be or not to be... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: To be or not to be...
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Something is rotten in the state of Denmark, and Hamlet is taking out the trash!

.. and this time, its PERSONAL!

[ November 14, 2001: Message edited by: CaptainMike ]

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I happen to be a big fan of Branagh...

then again, I LIKE ego.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TSN,

Yes, I know I mispelled it. I said I mispelled it too. Did you miss that little bit? Granted, I ran it through the "cockney" dialect too, but it it's in their pretty clear.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it?
BlueElectron
Member # 281

- posted      Profile for BlueElectron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this is a bit off topic, but have you guys seen that movie where the actor who played Mr. Bean got transported back in time?

I espeically like that movie because Mr. Bean knock the day light out of Shakespeare and make some quarky comment like "This is for all those children who's going to suffer because of you in the future!"

At that point in time, I was screaming, "YEAH, YOU GO MAN, SUCK IT TO THE JERK!"

--------------------
"George Washington said, 'I cannot tell a lie.'
Richard Nixon said, 'I cannot tell the truth.'
Bill Clinton said, 'I cannot tell the difference.'"

-- comedian TOM SMOTHERS, from his latest stage act with brother DICK SMOTHERS.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Think you could provide a, I don't know, title?

Personally, I thought he was great in 3 Weddings and a Funeral.

That could just be me.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Especially since the rest of the world saw a different film, called Four Weddings and a Funeral. 8)

And, Bluey, what are you on? That's Blackadder! (in this case, Blackadder Back and Forth) You remember him as that silly one-joke character, but not for one of the few decent British comedies of the 80's?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Right. I knew that. I did. Honestly.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Rowen Atkinson (mr. bean) thing was a Black Adder special ala A Christmas Carol.
Paul

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That "Back and Forth" thing is the only Blackadder thing I've seen, I'm sorry to say. It's the only thing they've ever aired around here, as far as I know. Not that that sort of thing gets much in the line of publicity. I only saw part of it, and only because I just happened to be looking at the TV listings and saw that it was already on.

Not that that has anything to do w/ anything. Just thought I'd share.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Thank you for sharing that. I'm feeling enriched. No, really, I am. Honestly. Swear to fictional deity. I am. Praise be [PoE] Baby Jesus!

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hold the phone! We may be onto something interesting. (Wouldn't that be a welcome change?) I think Vogon Poet and CaptainMike have got something great going. Hmmm. I suppose this'd have to go over to the Forum Competitions...but... Come up with ridiculous summer blockbuster tag lines for Shakespearian plays (or Jonson or Chaucer or whomever you fancy)

*quickly and nimbly leaps from forum and heads directly to Competitions*

*Notices (somewhat pathetically) at length no one is following*

*Posts anyway*

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting, I'll check that out. I presume you all know I was actually quoting from Arnie's The Last Action Hero. . .

And, Blackadder Back and Forth was the most-recent of the Black Adder spinoffs. In addition to the 4 series - The Black Adder, Blackadder II, Blackadder the Third, and Blackadder goes Forth, there were two other spinoffs, one a short called Black Adder: The Cavalier Years featuring the execution of Charles I, and A Black Adder Christmas Carol where the good Ebenezer Blackadder is shown the non-error of his ways and becomes a proper bastard as a result.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

You forgot Backadder: The Next Generation.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since you made that up, and mispelled it, I'm going to side with Lee.

Blackadder was 1985, II was 87, III was 88, and IV was 89, I believe. The christmas special was 1991, and Back & Forth was 1999.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps